Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thank You

I am most thankful that I have a happy and healthy daughter who is super smart and polite and (generally) a joy to be around. I am thankful for my husband who works so hard to support our family. I am thankful that all of my basic needs are met - roof over my head and three squares a day.

I am thankful to all of my Mommie friends who help me stay sane by commiserating and consoling. I am thankful to have so many people I consider family, despite a lack of blood relation. I am thankful to have a wonderfully diverse group of friends who I can count on for sarcasm or assistance...Most of the time both.

_______

I've decided that we have too much stuff. I mean, I'm thankful for all of the wonderful crap that we've accumulated over the years but it's time to purge the closets, corners and basement. I'm bringing 3 bags of clothes and baby toys to Salvation Army today and I urge you all to do the same.
Take a look around and think long and hard on what you can and can't live without. I'm going to commit to bringing at least one bag of unused items to a charitable donation once a week. It won't take much work but I'll feel good about helping others and it will create some much needed space in my house. I'm actually going to have Cassidy go through some of her toys and pick some out that she wants to pass along to little people who don't have any toys at all. I'm not sure she'll get it this year but I'm hoping to make it a tradition. I mean, we gotta make space for all the new toys that Santa will be bringing, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ChynaK t, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on People Helping People and see what came up. Thank You is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on People Helping People. Getting late, have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi ChynaK t, taking a little time today to see what Help People will send me to that is interesting. Thank You looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Help People in my e-travels. Have a super day!