Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Catch Up

Well, I'm back at the radio station today, which is why I have a moment to post here. What have I been up to? Hmmmmm.
The month of August completely got the best of me - it just flew by. Blixx has been working like a madman. I've been chasing Cass. She's getting so big & the other day she wrote the letters C & A!! She's turned some corner & is much more graceful & able to climb (arg!); she hears everything we say & asks questions if we're talking in code & has generally blossomed.
Blixx & I have our ups & downs but for the most part are staying the course. We're being more up front with each other & trying desperately not to let the little things get us down, but damn sometimes it's difficult. I guess that's what marriage is all about.
Labor Day weekend....Friday night Blixx worked late & went out for drinks after work, so Grips & I got an early start & yikes, I was more than a bit tipsy. We were supposed to go to the Spencer Fair on Saturday, but the weather didn't look too hot so we skipped it & went to dinner at Grips instead. Sunday was a complete rain out (woo hoo on us not getting our shit together for camp reservations!. Cass got up earlier than usual, at around 7:30am, and had an attitude so it was a rough morning all around. I'd been feeling run down for a few days so when Blixx got up at around 10:30am I just wandered back upstairs & crashed back into his warm spot. I slept until almost 2pm!!!
I guess I really needed it because I feel a world of better - I can think more clearly & I don't feel like I'm dragging my ass any more. I guess I need more sleep so I better start looking for more hours in the day.
After much debate (stay in pj's or pants?), we decided to go to dinner at Ikea. It's an hour drive, so at 6pm on Sunday we loaded the kid into the car & drove in the rain....only to find that for some reason, there are parking spots near the door, but the escalators are all pointed down & out of the store, the elevator doesn't work, the doors are locked. D'oh! It was SUNDAY so they closed at 6pm. This is our second trip to Ikea for a desk that we still haven't been able to bring home. I think we're going to try again tomorrow, if Blixx isn't working. He's got a huge jones for swedish meatballs from their cafeteria. Really cool store with full restaurant. I had chicken marlsala last time we were there and dontcha know it, it was yummy! Blixx had salmon that was juicy & delicious. Shit now I'm hungry.
Anyway, Sunday evening we had a much needed non-Grips evening. It goes pretty much the same as if he's there with us, except I tend to drink & smoke considerably less & Blixx & talk about 'stuff' considerably more. It was good for us.
Yesterday, Cass woke us up at 7:15am, bouncing on our bed & chanting "Cotton Candy! Fair! Roller Coasters! Cotton Candy!" so it became clear to us that we were going to the Fair after all. We spent Labor Day at the Spencer Fair, which was a ton of fun. Cass loved the ferris wheel, got her face painted (cute, but $5 damn!) & ate a ton of crap. I'll post pictures from home in the next day or so. She's an adrenaline junky. We went on some big rides and she was terrific.

No comments: