Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm back

I flat out haven't made time to update blogs in almost a year - can't believe how time flies by. Cassidy is turning 5 in June and I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with our second daughter. This pregnancy is different, probably because I've done it all before. I'm already big and showing, although many ladies say that I'm carrying small. Ya..tell that to the jeans I won't be fitting into any time soon. It's ok on the pants...I'm working at a gymnastics academy part-time (started in Sept 2007, so not new) so wearing sweatpants to work is more than ok, it's required.
Also last September, we got ourselves a dog. We adopted Bruschi from the Worcester Animal Rescue league at 5 months old and 35 lbs. He's approaching what we suspect is his 1st birthday in April...and pushing 63lbs! He's a big lug who mostly forgets all of his puppy class training, but means well. The cats are not at all pleased with the new addition, but are making the adjustment slowly but surely. Cass is super excited and quite the dog trainer! He ALWAYS does what she asks.
Our new house is pretty fuckin awesome. We've got plenty of room for all our crap...and then some. We were even able to get the gigantic Christmas tree I've wanted these past few years...9ft tall and it fit! We did Thanksgiving here with my Mom & her Dick, Grips & his family and Rocks with the kids. It was great to have a big kitchen for cooking and a nice big dining room table to seat everyone.
We still have the old house and are still paying for it. I put it up on Craigslist every once in a while, and there's a for sale by owner sign out front, but the real estate market is in the crapper bigtime. Blixx doesn't want to even talk about the old house - it's like if he ignores it it will go away as if by magic. I've made a couple trips over there to collect junk (which the house is still full of...arg) but it's been a while and with me all knocked up, I'm limited to what I can/can't do. This means that I'm going to have to ride bill like a $2 whore to get anything done over there...so we'll be fighting. I just can't wait.
Working at the gym is pretty awesome. I work afternoons and evenings and can bring Cass to work with me any time I need to, which is often. She takes classes up to 3 times a week & while she's no future Olympic gymnast, she's getting exercise and having a great time. She adores the owners 3 kids and another coach brings her son Sigh who is about the same age. She has the run of the place, provided she's safe on the equipment and listens to the coaches and tries to stay out of the classes way. I really like the people I work with...the money doesn't hurt either.
Pregnant again. I can't say that it was planned, because it certainly wasn't. We were talking about trying again, once we'd sold the other house, but hey...we get the order of things wrong all the time...this is not news. I am not looking forward to the diapers, lack of sleep, breastfeeding or diapers again, but I know it will all be different when I look into her eyes. I have gestational diabetes again so I'm on the diet and giving myself insulin shots every night. We've got health insurance which is great, other than it makes for a 3rd hefty mortgage payment we pay out each month. Then again, if I were paying out of pocket for the nutritionist, endocrinologist, midwife, OB, prescriptions...eh, it would probably be the same.
I'm thinking the nesting instinct is kicking in. I have this overwhelming urge to get everything in order and finished. Then again I have zero energy most of the time, which means Blixx will have to step it up.

No comments: