Thursday, June 02, 2005

Memorial Day Camp Fiasco

Blixx came down with Strep a couple days before so camping got a little screwey. Thursday night I was giving him a sponge bath at 2am. He was saying how freezing he was, as steam came off him from the cool cloth. Poor darling was really banged up, puking up his shoes, unable to swallow...bad scene. He was a little better by Saturday but still not at top form, so Cass & I packed up the car and headed out camping ourselves.
Ok, so we weren't by ourselves by a long shot. The whole gang was there and pitched in to help put up tent/tarps and chase my monkey baby around. She had a great time during the day but both nights were rough - like no one getting any sleep rough! Blixx met us on Sunday...and about 1/2 hour later his sister Rox and her kids showed up. It was nice to see them & help them experience the outdoors (city kids with no camp/forest experience), but it was hectic to say the least. Blixx & I had dinner together (barely), I went on a short but lovely night kayak adventure, then Blixx went off to hang with the guys and I stared at the fire for a few hours.
Overall I had a nice time but never really felt like I could sit down and relax. And I certainly didn't feel like it was a family vacation. It was always hectic so I really didn't get the 'vacation' I was looking for. The vacation I desperately need.
I've been so stressed out lately, and it's not just my period. I'm snappish and find myself crying far to often, over far too little. I really have to get my shit together & I'm thinking that I need to get away to do it. Bill's sister & I are thinking of just running away from our families for a weekend or something camping, but I think I need something NOW. I love my husband & daughter but sometimes I just don't want to see them or deal with their bs. Ya know?
Somehow I bet they think the same of me & my bitchyness.

No comments: