Monday, March 17, 2003

HAPPY ST PATRICK’S DAY! Would one of you please be kind enough to get sauced on my behalf this evening? Thanks. Don’t forget that you’re drinking for two.

I’m a working woman again, at least temporarily. My friend Pastor is on vacation this week and hooked me up with a weeklong receptionist gig at a law firm. So far, so good. The phones aren’t all that busy and everyone seems really nice. It’s strange to have to get up in the early am (for more than the inevitable pee) and to have someplace to go for the day. Of course, Murphy’s Law prevails and this week will be the first real glimpse of spring…and I’m stuck inside. I do get an hour for lunch and a couple breaks, so I’ve been walking around downtown. I actually broke a sweat at lunch!

Tomorrow is D-day for the kitten. He’s off to the vet to get the big snip snip, and just in the nick of time too because he’s getting really randy with the other cats and they have had just about enough of him. He still has the loudest purr ever recorded and likes to sleep under the covers between Blixx and I. His youthful enthusiasm is sometimes a bit hard to take, especially at 4 am when I’ve just managed to fall back to sleep.

The nursery is almost painted…just needs some touch ups. I did two-tone with light yellow on the top of the walls, and lavender on the bottom portion. Rather than a straight line of delineation between the two (like a normal person might have done) I did a wavy line in a light green. The green is also on the baseboards and door/window frames. You’re probably thinking Clown College, but I think it looks cheerful and nice. I’ll post pictures eventually so you can agree with me.

I caught up on some blogs over the weekend, and I have to agree with GClef that it is next to impossible to find maternity cloths, especially pants, for the petite. Too bad I can’t sew, otherwise it would be a great money making idea. I just went to the Maternity Outlet store, where things are still wicked expensive unfortunately, and exhausted myself trying on every pair of pants in the place. ALL were too long, except the capri’s which fit like regular pants until I wash them, at which time they will be highwaters and I’ll look like someone’s poor relation. I did manage to pick up two summer shirts because it’s a sauna in this office! My brain is melting!!!

Mom gave in to my choice of where the baby shower should be and says it’s all booked and ready to go, and that I don’t have to worry about another thing. That means, it will be smurfy and there’s nothing I can do about it. Whatever – these things are always smart & little. I believe it’s the last Sunday in April, but invites will be going out soon.

I’ve been feeling good, although I get tired in the afternoons. Bodily functions seem to be leveling off, which is a relief. My belly is getting rounder by the day, although I’ve had two people tell me today that I look great for someone just entering the 3rd trimester. Blixx and I went for a walk in the woods yesterday and for about a minute I was feeling great going up hill, without that burning lung sensation I used to have as a smoker. Then the extra 17 lbs of baby belly caught up with me and I was huffing and puffing again. Oh well. I’ve been a non-smoker for 4 months now and I wish I could say that I don’t miss it, but I do. Of course, then I get a whiff of someone in a store or out somewhere who smokes and I realize that I used to hork like that…makes me a little sick.

No comments: