Wednesday, March 19, 2003

So Rioux the kitten is no longer a man. He came back from the vet’s no problem, but more than a little groggy. No purring and he didn’t want to be cuddled. You really can’t blame the poor thing. We watched the movie Blue Crush (great shots of surfing but little of anything else) then Blixx went out boozing with Grips, and I went to bed early with the little guy pressed into the back of my knees sleeping it off. This morning he seemed good as new, purring up a storm and demanding sustenance.

They did work on the water main in my street yesterday afternoon, so when the H2O was turned back on it was running all brown and murky. I called the DPW and they said to let it run for a while and it would be fine. Unfortunately, I discovered this am that all is not fine. The drain in the tub was plugged up when I took a shower so the water pooled up, all icky around my ankles. I had no choice to just pretend that I was getting clean and move on. The drain was still plugged up when I left, and I really thought it was just me that couldn’t get the damn thing to work. I left a note for Blixx and blasted out of the house, running ever so late as usual. We live in an old house with old plumbing and apparently there was a clog just as old! Blixx spent the morning taking apart the tub and snaking the pipes. He sounded thrilled when I talked to him. I hope that the water is running clear now, and that if it isn’t that Blixx has called again to report the problem. I actually hope that Blixx is doing a lot of things today.

No comments: