Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Catching up with Kayak Girl

Ladies Camping at October Mountain

I have returned from the woods unscathed!

This weekend I went camping at October Mountain State Forest with Blixx's sister Rox, Birdgirl, Callista & Bunniguru and had an awesome time! Setting up and breaking down camp was easier than I expected & there was no tension or bitchiness at all.

We ate like pigs! Rox made unbelievable lamb kabobs with fresh marinated veggies for Friday night dinner, served with italian rice balls that were out of this world. Callista & Bunniguru arrived Saturday morning and brought with them yummy pumpkin bread for breakfast. We then spend the day on Goose Pond kayaking. We got out and briefly hiked the Appalachian Trail to spend some time basking in the sun on the rocky shoreline. When we returned to camp, Birdgirl made her patented venison chili and we made nachos on the fire that were unbelievable. I can't believe we haven't done that before cuz it was so easy and delicious, but we'll definately do it again. There were chocolate cupcakes with heathbar topping, coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate, chocolate covered rasberry jellies...sensing a theme here?! Sunday breakfast was turkey sausages, bacon & blueberry/banana pancakes. I don't think I'm going to have to eat again for a long time.



So what else have I been up to? Hmmm we've spent a lot of weekend time painting Grip's house, but we've also gone kayaking a couple of times. I even got myself a kayak that I LOVE. We went on the Concord River & did lunch at the Minuteman Natonal Park, then continued up to the Great Meadow Wildlife Refuge.

Turtles

There were turtles everywhere, it started to rain on us in the sunshine...it was a great trip too. The girls were both really well behaved & everyone was pretty relaxed. I also did a day paddle with Cass, Blixx & Toad at Whitehall that was lovely.

My New Boat on the Concord River

Freak Rainstorm cooled us off Cassidy didn't mind the rain a bit.

Blixx made me go see a doctor since I haven't in 2 years and he wants to breed with me. I was told that I had high blood pressure so went back for a couple additional tests. I was pretty upset & stressed about this, but it turns out that I'm still borderline but if I eat less salt and get up off my ass some more I'll be fine. I got a membership to the Y so I think I'm going to set the appt for this week to check it out. I hear they have great childcare too so that's a bonus.

Speaking of doctors, Blixx has been tired all the time lately. Granted, he has to get up at the ass end of early for work a couple days a week and we do tend to stay up pretty late every night. But he's been wandering off to take naps lately or he just can't bring himself to DO anything. I really think there's something going on there because he's just so out of it most of the time it's cramping my style. Not only are there plenty of things to do around the house, but thrice now I've forbidden Grips to come over, made mention that I'm interested in spending QT....and he falls asleep. For a man to be too tired to do it...something is wrong & I'm worried about him. Really worried.

I'm working freelance for the radio station doing some market research. It's tedious spreadsheet creation work but it's work so I'll take it. Trying to work from home on it has proven to be quite the challenge...and my house is a disaster to prove it. I worked my ass off yesterday and yet I didn't cook a big dinner and I didn't put my camping gear back. I definately need to find a balance. They want 1500 leads by the end of the week. After one day I have only 175. I could be screwed here but we'll see what I can get to.

My 35th birthday is coming up on Saturday & I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm pretty sure that it's just another day but....I'm a girl so there's more to it than that. Blixx wanted to have Grips & Red watch Cass for the night while we go away, but I fear that Mother Nature has other plans for that weekend. I don't want to waste a hotel room on...well....I wanna definately get laid. There, I said it. He hasn't asked me what I want or anything so it'll be a crap shoot what I get for a gift. I'm interested to see what he pulls out of his ass. V's birthday is Wednesday so her party is Saturday. I think I'll invite my mom over to their place too, or she'll come up earlier in the day. Whatever. I just don't know what I want to do. Last year we took Cass to the Children's Museaum....maybe we'll go again this Friday (when it's cheap)or just out for icecream. That's it - Mom can take me out to icecream. I had wanted to have a party & invite all my friends. Maybe next year.

No comments: