Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The weather is vastly improving and I am so excited. I'm camping in a month & 1/2!!! Woo Hoo! Instead of going out to Vincent's last night, I invited the gang over here for a fire in the yard. It was wonderful, and it made Blixx feel good that I included him in my Tuesday plans. I did kinda miss the seedy bar dim lighting with the piano music, but hey I gotta be good to my man.

This week has proven super busy for Cass & I. Monday we drove out to Sturbridge to have a bookstore reunion party at my friend's house. I haven't seen her in months and she's now super pregnant so it was great to catch up. Her son LOVES me and Cass LOVES her so it was just like old times when Griff attached himself to me for the day, and Cass 'helped' Sar. Another baby friend of Cass's is walking now...another of her friends is already reading! It's only been a few months since the Belfrey closed it's doors, but so much has changed. Anyway, it was great to see folks and Cass had fun too.

Yesterday (Tues) I dropped my car off at the dealership to get the driver seat unstuck from the all the way back position. I can BARELY reach the petals without propping myself up. Blixx put it back to drive us around on Saturday & it just won't get unstuck. My friend Tee picked us up and we went out for lunch with her 2 (hellion) girls and icecream! Yeah! Blixx got out of work early so he & Cass worked in the yard for several hours while I caught up on paying some bills, cleaned up the house and got dinner ready. Blixx, Cass & I actually all sat down at the table together at the same time, before 8pm, and ate dinner. That hasn't happened in a little bit of forever. I mentioned the fire in the evening.

Today I've got Qball to watch. I think we'll stick around here and head outside in the yard for a few hours. Perhaps I can read a book while they amuse themselves...hehe yea right! Nice dream. I'll get them planting bulbs with me. Tonight is a new Lost so I assume Grips will be over to watch with us. Tomorrow we're going to a party at ChuckECheese, which should be a nightmare for me and a ton of fun for Cass. She loves that place but it's more than a little overwhelming for me. Too loud with too many kids. Yikes, I might be taking Qball with me too. Friday is off for Worc school kids, which means Vic has the day off. Either Grips will also have the day off & we'll do something outdoorsy together (kayaking weather permitting) or he has a shoot so I've got Vic for the day. I'm feeling a field trip to McD's playplace in our near future. Saturday is a double birthday party for Red & Flyboy, combined with an Easter egg hunt for the little ones.

Sunday is Easter and as of right now, we don't have any plans. My Mom & her Dick will be at Mt Washington and I just don't want to drive up there. Blixx's family is occupied elsewhere & Easter is the holiday where Grip's family runs off to be by themselves. I was thinking of kayaking or doing something outside. Maybe having a big dinner here. I don't know what we'll end up doing, other than going to church.

Yep, I've been going to the Unitarian Universalist Church here in Worcester. Preacher is a teacher there and several other friends have been going for years so I guess we're just jumping on their bandwagon. Its nothing like the church I grew up on, which is fine with me. It's an amalgamation of several religious influences. "Our interests lie in deeds, not creeds." I've only been to one official service, but the pastor read from both the bible & from a Jewish text, followed by a Buddhist poem about resistance. Dude managed to tie them all in together and make us laugh. He even said 'shit' during the service. Yeah, conventional church this is not. Cass has a great time in Sunday school too, and that's really why I'm there.

The natives are restless here. They are throwing sandwiches at each other. Not cool.

No comments: