Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stepping back from the edge

I've got some really good friends. E-mails and calls came in and I'm much better now. Perhaps 8 hours of uninterupted sleep helped out. Perhaps it's 2 nights with no drinking...a streak which I'm looking forward to breaking this evening with Grips, Birdgirl, Techie and anyone else who's in at Vincent's. A little adult conversation should do the trick nicely.

Thanks everyone who reached out - I really appreciate it. I'll be taking up those offers of childcare & girlfriend time once the craziness of Blixx's work schedule and the party planning nonsense is over.

So I'd worked up a nice simple response speach for Blixx and tried to chat at dinner (first meal we've eaten together, by ourselves in a week btw) but Cass made it impossible to hold the train of thought. So we'll talk more after dinner. I put Cass to bed, came downstairs and Blixx was SNORING on the couch...completely asleep, not napping, but OUT.

I could have woken him up and layed it all out for him, but I was pretty sure that would be interpretted as bitchy. I was certainly feeling bitchy. but I hope that by letting him catch up on some sleep that we'll be better able to communicate. So, I let him sleep. I couldn't even watch the big tv or chat with friends on the computer cuz he was in the living room. He was conked out until about 10:30, when some yahoo's in our neighborhood drove on our front yard. He awoke but wasn't really totally there. Just as we're drifting off to sleep at fuckin midnight, he asks me how I'm doing. Fucker. I said fine & thanks for the chat the other night. Kiss. Sleep.

So I guess there it is. I'm going to try to be more possitive and watch what I say and how I say it. He's going to....

Sleep, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »