Friday, June 16, 2006

Update

Blixx & I have found ourselves with a lot of alone time this week, which is exactly what we needed. Just last night, we were up until 3am chatting back & forth, drinking wine & cuddling. It was lovely & reminded me of 'back in the day' when we used to do that all the time. We're communicating very well right now and both realize that taking out our frustrations on each other has taken it's toll. No one is going anywhere & it's not nearly as drastic or dramatic as I made it out.

Cass had been up two nights in a row with a stuffy nose, so I'd 'slept' in her bed with her. Not a lot of sleep, on top of Cass's emotional state which had been volatile at best for several days. She & I had been at each other's throats, so when Blixx wanted to chat it was all I could do not to burst into a fit of hysterical tears..no matter what he said.

I over reacted because I didn't like what he had to say...the truth. I'd been a collasal bitch for weeks and deserved to get a reality check, especially before we have all our friends and loved ones over for Cass's party. I absolutely can not believe that I have a 3 year old. No way.

Thank you again to Rox, Tempest, Dee, Sherbear, Birdgirl and all those who offered support. You all gave me some really terrific advice and certainly listened while I bitched and moaned. I bet I could do a little more listening to you ladies out too. I definately need to do some more work on my interpersonal relationships. Nice way of saying stop being a selfish bitch. More action, less reaction.

No comments: