Monday, July 10, 2006

Estrogen Weekend

I had a positively lovely weekend in CT with Tempest. I arrived at around 1pm so we farted around the house for a while, then headed downtown Guilford for some shop therapy at Vera Wolf. I got my peridot ring replaced, a pearl ring that Tempest picked out that was just what I've been looking for & some other little things. She got a beautiful necklace & earlings set. Hehe it's fun to be bad. We then grabbed a sandwich & iced cappuchino & headed for the docks. Her dad wasn't there to take us out on the boat, but we did sit and enjoy the sea air while we had lunch & caught up a bit. We then clustered out to North Haven & visited Jacknife, who was crampy. After a yummy chinese food dinner (dammit, I left the leftovers in CT) we went to bother Purge & Nightskye at Cue & Brew, an interesting spot to say the least. Mmmm pitcher of Harpoon Summer Ale says what? Then we headed to Nightsky's new apartment to wait for crampy to get out of work. We then demanded that Nightskye drive us anywhere in his convertable.

Oh my goodness, what an exhilarating ride!! I'd forgotten how he drives...and that he has no idea at all where the break is, or that some people actually use their turn signal to switch lanes. Listening to GnR turned up way loud, smokin butts and singing along we ended up at Krispy Kreme for more coffee, then back to his place to watch some ultimate fighting championships, which they had ordered on pay per view. Once Jacknife got out of work, we headed back to Tempest's & watched season 1 of LOST & some wine.

LOST SIDEBAR - I found the relationship between Micheal & Walt quite interesting, especially where we end up in Season2. Lock's faith in the island has been strong since the beginning. I'd wondered why Sawyer (yummy yummy yummy)did some of the things he did in season 2, but then I watched where Jack & Sayid tortured him for the medicine & I was all like 'oh yaaaaa!' Charlie was completely harmless after he quit the smack & was offering true friendship to Claire....so is he now suffering from 'the sickness?'

I slept, with Tish's help of course, until almost 11am which was lovely beyond measure. We didn't have enough energy to make coffee for ourselves, so we went to DuDo's then over to Jacknife's pool. I floated & floated & refused to get out until I felt myself approaching extra crispy. Jacknife went to work at 2:30 & we were all like, 'See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" and went back to lazing. Her family is so wonderful, they were worried they didn't have enough to offer us by way of food & drinks. It's been 30 years for christ sakes, if we're hungry we'll just go in the fridge...no need for pretenses, but whatever. We skipped going to Dead Man's Chest, mainly because by the time I hauled my ass out of the water we would have had to rush & neither of us were in the mood to rush to anything.

Back to Tempests where I grabbed a shower & she watched more LOST. I did my toenails & read some more cheesy sci-fi romance, then off to Nightsky's again. Jacknife bagged out on dinner for some reason, so the four of us took the convertable (suprise? no) to Pasta Fair, which was sub standard, but the company was first rate. I grabbed a final beer then hit the road.

I strolled in at around midnight & Blixx was already in bed. I hear tell that he had an early call time for work today. I spoke to my gf Tee who had him over for a kiddie bday party, & she gave me some insight on what he said & how he acted. Not posting it here, as it's heresay, but I'm thinkin it's gunna be a long ass night tonight. I'm sick of drama.

No comments: