Wednesday, May 23, 2001

It's proving to be more difficult than originally thought to get 5 1/2 people, 4 boats, a trailor and all of our misc gear together to go camping this weekend. The shopping list is a mile long - it's like we're going away for a month, rather than for just a couple of days. BirdGirl came through and decided to go out and buy 2 cases of the wierdest beer she could find. Anyone ever heard of Black Toad? It's delicious, despite the name. I've been able to convince my boss that I can skip the after work meeting and leave at 4 tomorrow, which greatly improves our chances of getting everything done on time. There's still a lot of car swapping and boat loading to be done, but I think we'll be fine.
Blixx got a job for tomorrow so he won't be around. He swears that it's just a corporate shoot and that he'll be able to leave early, but I say that's the kiss of death. We'll see. I'm psyched he got the work. He'll be away all next weekend on a shoot too. I'm sad when he's not around, but I think I've gotten over my original crisis period. Perhaps that has something to do with the wonderful weekend we spent together. Hehehe.
This evening we have a dinner double date with our friends Saner and his lady friend April. Blixx totally embarassed that poor girl the first time they met but going off on his theory about girls names. Apparently, you shouldn't date a girl who's name is a day of the week, month of the year or season. Those girls are trouble. We'll see what Saner has to say about that.
Into the future...

No comments: