Wednesday, May 30, 2001

My company has laid off 25 people so far today & we have an all company meeting to discuss the 're-evaluation of the corporate design' later this afternoon. This is some scary stuff! My department isn't directly resposnible for generating revenue so I hope that we won't be next. I'd been looking at moving around in the company, but now I am limiting myself to the sales department, for job security. Job security...I actually don't think that exists any more.
As for the vacation highlights, we did see an beautiful rainbow one day. And the canoe ride out to funky stump was awesome. There was a stump on the beach - an old rotted tree - that had flowers growing out of the top of it. I'm so sorry that I didn't have a camera, but I didn't want it to get wet on the boat ride.
I am hoping that Blixx and I will be able to spend some quality time together before he goes away on that job so we can re-connect. I mentioned that he went kayaking yesterday, rather than our romantic dinner.hot tub plans. I was pretty disappointed, but perhaps we can reschedule. I watched a stupid movie and went to bed around 10pm last night. I'd left the TV on, and woke up around 3am, only to find that Blixx wasn't there! I freaked out, because there was a big thunderstorm that rolled through while he was out boating. I paniced! So, I called his cell phone and got a very sleepy sounding Blixx on the phone. I guess he'd nodded off at Toad's house while sorting through his camping gear. Toad had just woken him up and sent him home for the night. Man, that was disturbing to wake up & roll over for some lovin, only to find Cleo taking up his whole side of the bed. I'm hoping he's napping right now, otherwise he'll be one tired boy later tonight.
I spoke with my friend SherBear last night, returning her many calls from the weekend. She and her hubby FedExMan just bought a house in Florida. It's amazing how much more house for how much less money you can get down there. They just moved about 6 months ago from MA. She's getting paid less than what she was up here - a lot less actually - but her hunny is raking in the cash because he was an internal transfer within his company. He can't get paid less than his MA rate, so they are psyched! It's a 4 bedroom house with a garage and pool and I'm out of my mind with jealousy just hining about it. She'll have plenty of pictured of the place when she comes up for JoJo's wedding. FedExMan won't be able to join her, but I'll be psyched to see her and catch up on old times. Our old company is in the shitter again and the employees hate the owner, just like we used to. I scared the hell out of the girl who does my old job when I replyed to her e-mail. She went off on what a dickhead Gibba is blah blah blah. I pointed out that as e-mail administrator he reads all incoming and outgoing e-mails and that one's to me would be of particular interest, since I'm a known instigator. She's freaking and she probably should be. I expect a call from her any time now asking for resume help. C'est la vie!
I'm off to down some advila nd lay low until this meeting. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Into the future...

No comments: