Friday, June 01, 2001

In regard to lay offs, it seems that those who got canned were either dead weight in the management structure or just plain idiots. As I'm neither management nor an idiot, I'm feeling a little better about this. I've still updated my resume however. You just can't be too careful.
Blixx & I went out for a nice dinner last night and managed to chat about what we've been up to and make some plans for the future. It was very nice to finally have a conversation with him about the changes taking place in our lives. I stress here that the changes are going on in OUR lives - mine by default. I think I was able to convey to Blixx that these changes have effected me as well. All this HIM time isn't leaving a lot of room for ME time, and forget about US time.
I guess there's some sort of bikers rally in Worcester this week because 20 or so bikers came into the same area where we were sitting and cracked our asses up. Great scary looking folks. I thought our fluffy haired waitress was going to give birth to kittens when these huge guys came strolling in, but she was a trooper. I hope she got a healthy tip for her troubles. The bikes were wonderful and I've been assured by Blixx that he fully plans on getting a hog during his mid-life crisis. I'd thought he was going through that crisis NOW, but I guess there's more fun to come. :) I wouldn't mind being a biker bitch. Hell, all I need is the bike.
Blixx is doing a video shoot in Stamford CT this weekend and I'm thinking about coming down for a night to just hang out with the crew. I normally wouldn't want to insinuate myself into business, but Toad and DaveGrips are both on the shoot too, so I'm thinking that there's some fun to be had. DaveGrips even suggested that they bring some kayaks down. I'm not so sure about that - but only because I was hoping to borrow a boat while the boys were gone. Toad has a smaller yak that I can lift pretty easily and fit into my car without too much trouble. Perhaps an after-work yak will soothe my soul.
I'm thinking that going to CT will be the highlight of the weekend. It's a lot of driving, but I'll get to use the hotel pool which will be nice. I haven't been swimming in the longest time. I'm sure that DaveGrips will be coming over to drink and smoke tonight, then I think I'll get myself a pedicure tomorrow just to treat myself to something nice. Also as a favor to the world - I've got EcoChallenge feet from walking around in wet sandals all weekend camping. On the way back thru CT I think I'll check out the outlet malls they've put into Clinton and Westbrook to see if I can find some deals on flowy skirts and other nice clothes to wear to work. I hate that I can't wear jeans every day, but what can ya do?
I wish Tempest and Purge were back in town so I can go visit them, but I think they are still in Key West. Bastards! I just checked the weather and I guess they are getting some rain, so I guess I'm not that envious.
I've got to get my poop in a pile so I can blow on out of here and head home to my wonderful husband. This whole freelance thing is working out for him. He's got 8 straight days of work (at good rates, I might add :) , a couple days off, then back

No comments: