Monday, June 04, 2001

On a somber note:

I’d like all of you to (at your convenience) lift a tall frosty drink to the memory of Todd Olson. He was a roommate of mine (and Blixx) at Fitchburg State College and I’ve just received a call from an old friend saying that Todd had taken his own life. This apparently happened up to 2 months ago, but we’ve only just heard via the grapevine. Todd was… Wow, I don’t even know what to say. His depiction of Rocky in the FSC production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show will always be remembered. I’ve also learned from FatBastard that Todd had a 1½-year-old son. Blixx and I left FSC back in 1995 and really never looked back on the drama that occurred there. Certainly, some good times were had and Todd was a part of that.
I can’t imagine what would lead a person to take their own life, but then again I can’t see through another person’s eyes. I can’t say that I’m totally shocked at the news of his demise, I’d just hoped for better in his life. Drink to Todd tonight and realize that whatever shitty things are going on in your lives right now are inconsequential. Live for today – and live well. It’s just not that bad. Don’t give in to the drama.

I’d originally wanted to talk to you today about the perplexing fashions of spring/summer. I have always had a particular pet peeve when women wear white shirts pulled tight over white bras. I mean, what are they thinking going out like that? Why wear a shirt at all? Then, I came across a new wonder that I wanted to share. A co-worker of mine who I’m going to call Youngster is quite the hottie. Twenty years old with a body to die for, she has the habit of wearing next to nothing to work. It drives me crazy. In any case, she has this little white belly shirt that she wears. Under it, she wears a see through bra. The effect she achieves is that her ample bosom is completely exposed to the point that I know what particular shade of pink (more of a mauve really) her nipples are. They are right there – staring at me. Ok, so I’m staring at them. I’d thought this was the worst! Then today I was at a training where the team leader was wearing the white see through top with the tan bra – and her nipples were mis-aligned. One was WAY up here, the other WAY down there. And I think she’s built that way. I wasn’t the only person who noticed, and it’s a wonder how any of us got through the meeting at all with these mis-matched things bouncing all over. Please ladies – look at yourself in the mirror before leaving the house and remember to leave a little something to the imagination. Unless you’re going out to a bar or clubbing – then, long live the nipple!

I drove down to Stamford to stay with Blixx on Saturday night. The hotel room wasn’t all that great, but we certainly made the best of the situation. Yes, yes we did. I’ve got an appointment with the chiropractor for Wednesday. He he! Sunday I hit the outlet mall in Westbrook and bough some work clothes. I had to use a great deal of restraint at the Old Navy Outlet – tons of nice T-shirts and shorts, but I the only clothes I allow myself to but have to be for work. Well, or for camping. There’s nothing like capelene for rafting and kayaking. Cotton just takes too long to dry and makes you feel like a drowned water rat.
While I miss Blixx, I’m enjoying having to share the bed only with the fat cat Cleo. She and I need our space. Tonight it’s time to clean the house, now that Blixx is out of state. His stuff has been everywhere in the livingroom so I’m going to shovel whats left into his closet and actually vacuum. There’s so much cat hair on my carpet I swear they are growing another one! Cat farming – I wonder if there’s money to be made there.

Into the future…

No comments: