Monday, June 25, 2001

Friday and Saturday morning was the wake and funeral. Very sad, and I don’t think the impact of Meme’s death has hit poor Pepe yet. The whole family came out, which was very nice. The wake was strange – open caskets really freak my shyt out. Meme looked like she was made of plastic…not at all the woman she was in life. They had ‘arranged’ her mouth in such a strange smile – Blixx said she looked like she was from Planet of the Apes.

Roxy brought the kids up to the wake and it wasn’t that bad. Her hubby Goomba did a great job of answering the 5-yr. olds questions about death etc. Their newest spawn’s name is Jessica and she’s perfect. I had a great time playing with the kids and they certainly brought a little joy to an otherwise somber occasion. The funeral was LONG. The priest spoke so slowly I would have thought he was going backwards. Plenty of hymns and the whole stand up sit down (fight fight fight!) Catholic thing was a drag. Blixx is getting more and more wiggy about churches. I’ve got my issues with organized religion, but Blixx was starting to sweat during the funeral and getting really twitchy throughout the whole thing. Too bad for him that we’re going to a wedding on Saturday!

Saturday on the way back home, we stopped at Bob’s Stores and picked up tons of clothes. Well, Blixx got tons of clothes. I got some nylon shorts for kayaking/camping, but couldn’t find the nice cargo shorts that I’ve been looking for. They were having a buy one get one for $1 sale, so we got $400 worth of clothes for $200. Not bad! We then stopped at our old watering hole from college and had some Border wings and a couple of Horny Margaritas. Mmmmm, just the thing to relax the body and spirit after a trying day.

With a buzz secured, we went home and watched the all-new episode of Farscape. Ben Browder, the hottie who plays Crighton wrote it, and I thought it was a really good episode. It’s interesting that they’ve split the crew into two groups. From the previews, it seems that Scorpius will be joining us again next week. I can’t wait. His character is genius! While I am very disappointed that they changed the show’s theme music, I have to say that they have remained true to the original story idea that I fell in love with, and that they have only improved the characters and writing. Damn, I love this show!

We ended up going to bed around 11 that night out of pure exhaustion. I slept until 11am, which is so unlike me lately. I’d been so tired for so long, however, that rest was all I wanted to do. Sunday, we were going to do a road trip, but then decided against it. We’d already driven hundreds of miles and a trip back up to NH just to a head shop seemed excesive. Instead, we rented Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. What a terrific movie. Blixx even said that he didn’t mind reading it. The characters were well developed and the sets were out of control. The effects were super cool. I recommend this flick to all and I seriously regret not seeing it in the theater to get the full effect of the effects.

After watching the movie, Blixx suggested that we go take a walk down to the park and get some exercise. I thought it was a great idea, but I’d just rest my eyes for a little while. I napped on the couch for 4 more hours! I vaguely remember the cat climbing on my lap for a while, but other than that I was out like a light. When I awoke, I was so thirsty! I looked at the table, and Blixx had placed a glass of ice water out for me, and the Altoids next to them. Just what I needed to see after sleeping in non-air conditioned splendor for 4 hours! He’s so sweet – he brought me a flower from his walk too. So, it was almost 9pm so we ordered some pizza and watches a little tv. We were in bed by 11:30 and I shut out the light after reading for a ½ hour or so. I feel a world of difference today - getting all that sleep did me good.

I’ve finished the Dark Jewels trilogy and I can’t believe that there isn’t anything more for me to read! I feel like a portion of my life is missing, now that I can’t read about Witch or Daemon any more. There’s another book by Anne Bishop that I’m reading now. It’s the same place, but I think it’s in a time before the other books, because characters that were killed off in the trilogy are still alive and kicking in this one. It’s a little confusing for me, but I’ll figure it out somehow. I’ve got to get online to see if I can find more Anne Bishop books. I’m digging her work a lot!

It’s Monday and the elevator wouldn’t work so I got stuck, the fruit cup I grabbed for breakfast tasted like it was left out all weekend and the soda machine is out of order, so I have to BUY Diet Coke today. Yep, it’s Monday all right. It’s beautiful out too. I hear the week is going to be sunny hot an humid – I’ve got to coordinate with Toad and Blixx to get out on the water for sunset. Maybe Toad will see that girl again too…..

Into the future…

No comments: