Wednesday, June 13, 2001

Riddle of the Day - What goes up and never comes down?

OK, I’ll start with a few words about the execution of Timothy McVeigh: Good Riddance! I’m not sure that the method of execution was fitting for the crime – I was thinking more along the lines of putting him in a building then blowing it to kingdom come. It fascinates me that he gets axed in a relatively short period of time, while there are plenty of inmates on Death Row who have been there for years. And I’m not saying that prison is a picnic, but for some of these folks I‘m sure that 3 squares a day and a roof over their heads is an improvement of their life on the outside. I say kill them all right now and save the taxpaying citizens of the USA their room and board. Guilty is guilty.
Moving onward – Blixx has been particularly nice to me lately and I want you all to know that I have a wonderful husband. He picks me flowers, finds me neat things and he CLEANED THE HOUSE yesterday. Now, flowers are nice and I’ll gladly accept them any time, but walking into a clean house was the greatest gift he could give me. Anyway, I wanted to pick him up a little something, so while at the mall yesterday I grabbed a vibrating battery for his cell phone. I’d remembered that he really wanted one so he could know when calls come in while on a shoot. What I didn’t remember is that he realized what a pain in the ass they are on the last shoot, when he was doing sound recording and couldn’t figure out what this strange noise was. Yep, it was someone’s phone. The vibration makes enough noise to blow a take. He’d told me all of this, and NOW I remember. UG! So tonight I return to the mall to get something else. I don’t think I can get a refund, so I’ll get a charging station or something. Balls! It’s the thought that counts, right?
My review went really well yesterday. The only negative comment I received is that I tend to be abrupt. Stop laughing friends – I know YOU know that, but I’ve got to make an effort to be a little friendlier to folks around here I guess. Whatever! <- That’s attitude for ya! I’m getting a wall for behind me too. Right now I sit with my back to a hallway and I am forever having people come up and scare the crap out of me. Also, as my job responsibilities expand (YEAH! Something to do!) I’m not going to want the Bitches watching over my shoulder as I type up their review/termination papers. HE HE! I’ve got to get some team building exercises or something to improve attitudes and get folks working together. These girls are going to drive me out of my mind with their petty bitching and whining. Overall, the review was terrific and the news is that there may be relief from the hiring freeze earlier than expected. Woopie!
Blixx says that a bunch of my links are screwed up – That’s because I don’t know what the hell I’m doing here. I’d love to be able to get some neat graphics on there, but I’m still looking for someone to help me.
That’s really all I’ve got for today. Someone remind me to get to bed before midnight tonight. DaveGrips – you remind me as you leave my house at a reasonable hour. Yeah, right!
Into the Future… (<- stolen from Blixx – nothing he can do!)

No comments: