Friday, June 29, 2001

Well, things are a little calmer here at work. Several of our sales regions have hit 100% of their quotas so it no longer smells like death on the sales floor. Bring it on! I got a 3% raise the other day too, so things are looking up. I'm going to be transitioned into doing payroll for the entire sales floor and my manager has high hopes that she'll be able to make me team leader by the end of the year. I've given myself a goal of one year working here (or when we buy a house) before I start looking for another job, but just checking our site I've seen some nice one's go by. I know I'd be able to find something at the drop of a hat, but will the money be as good as it is here? Hmmmmm.

I’m going to JoJo’s wedding this Saturday. Poor girl has been making most of the plans herself and I wonder if she’ll have any hair left when she’s done pulling it out. SherBear is coming up from Florida for the wedding! I’m so psyched to see her and see pictures of their new house. I’m quite envious of them! FedexMan won’t be able to join us, as he’s busy building a shrine to Star Wars at the new house. At least SherBear won’t have to watch, and she has plenty of rooms to decorate! Pity poor Blixx who not only has to attend a wedding where we know no one other than the bride and groom (& SherBear), but he'll have to listen to me and Sher play catch up for hours on end. I don't think they'll even have open bar, so I anticipate that this will be a long expensive night. I'm thinking that I'll even volunteer to drive us home. Wedding is two hours away, damn it! We were thinking of staying over, but I prefer to stay in my own bed with my own cat on my head.

Sunday we’re going over to Youngster’s house to hang out. It should be interesting to socialize with her outside of work. I'm hoping to stop in at The Border and grab some excellent margurita's. Two weekends in a row!!! We’ve got a lead on a headshop in MA, which is quite exciting. Otherwise it’s another drive to NH and I’m pretty much all set with that state for a while. I’ve got to give Tempest and Purge a call this weekend too – I think they’ve both fallen off the face of the planet. Tempest has never gone this long without updating her blog, so I expect some serious poetry when she makes her return. I'm dying to know how her job interview went too.

Another new Farscape tonight! Let that VCR hum, because we’re going to BBQ over at Toad’s place tonight. Blixx was talking about kayaking, but I’m not sure the weather will hold out. Crapass (copyright Nightskye)! I think I left my car windows open. Oh well, let’s hope the rain can wait until 5:30!


In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through
stupidity, here are some actual label’s instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer:
"Do not use while sleeping."
(That’s the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos:
"You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.
Details inside."
(The shoplifter special)

On a bar of Dial soap:
"Directions: Use like regular soap."
(And that would be how...?)

On some Swanson frozen dinners:
"Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(But its "just" a suggestion)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom):
"Do not turn upside down."
(Too late!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
"Product will be hot after heating."
(As night follows day . . .)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
"Do not iron clothes on body."
(But wouldn't this save me more time?)

On bottle of Boots children's cough medicine:
"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we
could just get those 5-year-olds with head colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid:
"Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(One would hope.)

On most brands of Christmas lights:
"For indoor or outdoor use only."
(As opposed to what?)

On a Japanese food processor:
"Not to be used for the other use."
(I gotta admit, I'm curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts:
"Warning: contains nuts."
(Talk about a news flash.)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
"Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
(Step 3: Fly Delta.)

On a child's superman costume:
"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
(I don't blame the company. I blame parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw:
"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)


Have an awesome weekend and I’ll chat at you all Monday.

Into the future…

No comments: