Monday, July 02, 2001

Friday night was spent over at Toad’s house. We ordered Thai food, drank some beers and yucked it up a bit. Toad broke out some slides of trips he has taken over the years. Oh my god, there are some beautiful shots of Utah and Newfoundland that took my breath away. When we get a house, I hope to have his works displayed. Man, good stuff. DaveGrips called us like 5 times looking to hang out, but I really didn’t want him over. Poor Blixx took the brunt of his retributions, and now he’s not returning calls or IM messages. If you are reading this, it was me (and not Blixx) who made the call to hang with just Toad. If you don’t like it, then stuff it! I told you earlier in the day the we had plans so I’m sorry if you got the wrong idea, but we had plans.

Saturday morning was running errands and getting my nails done. Of course, I broke a nail after being home for only 10 mins! Story of my life! We rushed to get out of the house and made the 2-hour drive to New Bedford in only 1-½ hours. Blixx was HOT and in his suit pants and cranky, so he took out his aggression on the road. We made excellent time, and found the chapel just in time for the ceremony. Weather report – 95 degrees in the shade. Damn, it was a hot one. Like 7 inches from the mid-day sun.

I’ve got to say that the ceremony itself was the shortest I’ve ever attended. As soon as we sat down, JoJo came down the aisle. Her dress was a beautiful off the shoulder short sleeved number, with beads and sequins down the front. Oh, she looked so beautiful! She had a friend do her hair in an Up Do that was perfect for the veil she wore and her make up looked so nice and elegant. Juni cleans up real good to, in his fancy tuxedo. Their beautiful little daughter Ari was the flower girl, but she got upset so she didn’t want to walk in front of all those people. Poor dear looked super cute in her little white dress with her hair all done up though. JoJo’s other daughter looked like a little woman. She’s only 10, but she looks and carries herself like someone who is much older. JoJo’s hands were shaking so bad when Juni put that ring on her finger – I thought the ring would go sailing across the room. It was a beautiful ceremony.

Off to the reception. The food was wonderful – chicken, roast beef, potatoes – all served family style. The wine was excellent and the DJ did a great job mixing different styles of music so everyone (except Bill – no Pink Floyd on the playlist) had a change to dance. JoJo’s family is terrific and it was neat to see all of Juni’s relatives. We sat with his little brother and his pregnant girlfriend. I found out later that she’s only 14 years old. Damn, they start young now a days. I was out there dancing to everything but the Chicken Dance and Macharena (sp?) – I just can’t bring myself to participate! It was a good laugh though, let me tell you. Ari was dancing up a storm right up until the very end. I did so much dancing in my super cool strappy shoes that I have a HUGE blood blister on my baby toe. I can hardly walk today. :( Blixx made some connections to make a music video with some of Juni’s friends. He even went out to check out the van with them, and didn’t invite me to go because ‘No Bitches Allowed.”

Everything was going so well, and then all hell broke loose! Some punks came in crashing the reception, looking for the bartender. Some words (about one guys HOT blonde stripper type wife) were exchanged between them and the dudes that Blixx hung out with. Next thing you know, punches were being thrown, bottles smashed over heads – it was a fight scene from a movie. I’m watching this all go down, thinking that my suburban upbringing just didn’t prepare me for being 10 feet from some bleeding dude who’s looking to put a beat down on anyone who comes near them. I’m thinking that I’m keeping my man the hell away from these dudes. I don’t care if they are the next biggest R&B act out there – I just don’t want him hanging out with folks who act that ignorant.

Blixx ushered SherBear and me to our cars and we took off up the street a ways. Three cruisers and two ambulances later and it had quieted down. Poor JoJo is upset that this is all anyone will remember. No, I will remember the big ass smile on her face after they both had said their vows and kissed. I’ve never seen JoJo look so happy and I will remember that look always. I hope that she and her hubby remember that their friends and family love them and know that shit happened that was totally out of everyone’s control. Those boys who were fighting deserve a swift kick for not taking their shit outside, and I bet that JoJo is just the person to do it!

Sunday we ended up checking out that head shop and buying some new toys for ourselves. There was a killer thunderstorm that rocked! We met Youngster at her place and hung out for a bit. She’s got the Tool DVD so Blixx was in heaven. She shared some O with us and we got wrecked! Off to the Border again for some drinks. Her aunt works there and made us some of the strongest margaritas I’ve ever had, and at no charge! We ate and drank then back to her place to catch the Simpsons. The sunset was beautiful, and we laughed at the car lot next door that was all flooded out from the rain. Who in their right mind would buy a car from them, when they float every time it rains? Fitchburg is still a dive, and Youngster’s apartment overlooks the train station. The building is falling apart and there’s trash everywhere. It reminds me of my first apartment with Blixx. Ahhh, memories. Youngster had two kittens in her house who are an absolute riot! One is up for adoption and I worked and worked on Blixx, but he didn’t bite. No new kitties until we move into a house. So, I’m house hunting today. He He!

Blixx and I got into a whole talk about how I’m in a rut and need to do something to snap out of it. Any ideas? I was thinking I should get my real estate license. Or be a bartender. Or just hang on until we have a house and Blixx makes his first million as a freelance video dude, then start spitting out babies and be a full-time mommy. More on that later.

Into the future…

No comments: