Wednesday, July 11, 2001

Ever have one of those days where a million little things happen to make you crazy? That's what yesterday was like, so Blogger being down was only a symptom of my diseased day. There was spilled coffee, followed by the discovery that a Diet Coke was left in the freezer at work and exploded all over everything - I have NO IDEA who would have done something like that (slinking down in my chair with ashamed look on my face). No one had a lighter in the building so at one point there was a pack of us wandering around looking for fire. Little projects turned into hours of work, the printers were all insane...you see where I'm going with this. It was one thing after another all day to the point where my chair got stuck on the carpet when we sat down to dinner and I thought I was going to cry. A bottle of wine and good company took care of that.

I know Tempest isn’t drinking the water at work because ½ her staff is pregnant. Well, Presley is 5 weeks preggers here and has hit the whining stage. I’d whine too if was puking up my shoes every morning, but I’ve got to figure out a way to work with her like this. She's never been particularly bright, but I think the baby is sapping what little brain power there is. It’s all about getting attention for her now and I’m sick of it. She drove me nuts yesterday, and Youngster is leading on the poor maintenance guy. He speaks very little English, but he keeps after the girl. Hell, I think he’s married. Just what she needs! She’ll be pregnant next! Then WorryWort came back from vacation on crutches. She’s the oldest 30 year old I know and doesn’t even know why her ankle hurts – she’s decided to not see a doctor, and just wing it on crutches. So, she’s not mobile which means that we're all doing her job for her. Wonderful! I'm so psyched to have a long weekend to get away.

We're heading to NH to camp and climb Mt. Madison this weekend and it can't come soon enough. I checked the weather and it's going to be in the 40's at night - in JULY! Now I've got to dig out all my winter gear so I don't freeze to death at night. At least the bugs won't be too bad. It's supposed to be sunny, so at least it won't rain like our last camp adventure. Keep your finger's crossed for me on that front. And keep your fingers crossed for this out of shape (was I ever IN shape?) cigarette smoking self-professed lazy girl climbing a mountain. Good thing the Dr is coming with us!

Blixx and I are going to try to catch Final Fantasy tonight, but it's not playing at our favorite theater. We'll have to catch it at the theater connected to the mall, so perhaps I'll have some shopping luck. I've got to get another hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. I have one but it's this ugly orange color that doesn't match anything. It's all about looking good, after all! I'm going to have to get a bandana too, since the campground doesn't have shower facilities. Damn Toad for making the reservations for us! Blixx is getting all of our gear ready today, because his sister and her 4 kids are coming out tomorrow for a visit. She got a laptop for only $150, but it's got all sorts of password protected stuff on it. Blixx is going to have to wipe the drive, so they should have a fun afternoon with all that. I'm bummed that I probably won't get to see the kids, as I'm working until 1:30 and have to get an adjustment from DrJim in the afternoon.

I had a nuttie cooking last night and made my own version of dirty rice, to serve with burritos for dinner. We had squash and zucchini in the fridge that had to be used up or it would go bad before we could eat it. So I used that, a can of black beans and a can of corn that had been in the cabinet forever, as well as some muchrooms and olives. Oh my goodness, it was good. I'm munching on leftovers fright now. I then cooked up some ground beef with onion, green pepper and salsa to put inside the tortillas and topped it with some jack cheese. We'd even remembered to get sour cream and guacamole to serve with it. Yummy! We drank a bottle of wine and watched Witchblade. That series is really good! There's this HOT Irish singer guy that I'm drooling after, and Blixx likes that the main charactor's wardrobe consists only of belly shirts. They are still doing the cool Matrix effects and keep bringing in guest stars. Roger Daltry was on last night as a priest/The Devil. I love that sort of wacky TV.

So tonight we'll try to catch Final Fantasy, but I'm not sure that we'll be ready for the 7:30 show and 10:00pm on a school night is pretty late, especially when we have so much to do to get ready for our trip. I so want to see this one in the theater, as the effects are supposed to be ground breaking. I had wanted to catch Cats and Dogs, but after Nightskye's scathing review I think I'll pass. Perhaps I'll have sex for 1 1/2 hours instead. Yeah baby!

Tempest posted that we're each other's cheering sections and I couldn't agree more. On that note, she's got a ton of work ahead of her with this new job, while Nghtskye and I are stuck in professional ruts that we can't seem to shake. Blixx is on the freelance thing and doing well, if a little discombobulated at the whole running his own business organization process. BazarJ is a rollercoaster of achievements and setbacks. DaveGrips has regular fantasies about putting a pencil in his bosses throat. SherBear isnt' pleased with the cash flow, but gets killer perks. DidgScream has been searching for a decent tech job in the Bay Area just about since he moved out there.

We bitch and we bitch. I think we all need to remember to be thankful that we aren't defined by our jobs and that we can always change our environment to suit our needs.

That being said, I'm going to go perform some menial task here at work, then perhaps update my resume. Tempest, I want those books. I NEED those books. When are you coming for a visit? And as for ideas to decorate your office, I've taken to putting pictures of myself and friends up. Grap a collage frame and put some (clean, if there are any) pictures up of times that made you happy. I also have a picture of a party at my last job. Looking at the owners faces help me to realize where I've been and that this job just ain't that bad. Since you can probably expense anything you buy for your office, go down to PrintsPlus and pick up one or two nice framed posters.

All right, I'm going to do some work now. No, really.

Into the future...

No comments: