Thursday, July 26, 2001

Greetings all! Another boring day on the job. We've got girlscouts here today doing a job shadow - why is it I'm expected to give them a company t-shirt & other shwag, but they didn't bring me any damn cookies! Now all I can think about are those S'Mores cookies!

It rained like a mother f***er this morning, starting just as I pulled into our giant parking lot and ending precisely when I made my damp entrance to our building. Such is life. I woke up with a headache in the middle of the night so I took some Tylenol, took a pee and went back to bed. When the alarm clock went off, I swear the headache was worse. I drank a ton of water, and took 2 Aleve - not excessive, considering that my back/neck have been killing me and I HAVE CRAMPS. Those little blue pills are supposed to cure anything, yet I still have this horrible drilling shrieking pain in my temples that just won't go away. I hesitate to take more drugs, but I'm not sure I'll last without. I think a cookie would make me feel better.

I got pictures back from JoJo's wedding! There's some great ones of the Uni Survivor gang. I gave them to DaveGrips to scan and perhaps I'll figure out how to post pictures on this thing. We also got pictures back from our most recent camping adventure. Blixx took a shot of me on our hike that I was really looking forward to getting back. I don't generally photograph well, but I somehow convinced myself that this was going to be portrait material - partially because I was feeling so damn good when he took the shot. I imagined this lush background behind me, the blue shirt I was wearing bringing out the color of my eyes...What I got was a picture of an overweight, out of shape and exhausted woman who could use a facial. UG! It was a picture of me alright, just not the me that I had hoped for. It's hard to keep a positive self-image in the face of supermodel beauty when you are looking at proof positive of your worse case scenario. I'm thinking about going on Body Solutions.

Go HERE for information on a quick computer fix.

No comments: