Friday, July 20, 2001

The past two days Blogger has been down when I went to post. Not that anything really exciting has been going on. I’ve had the head cold from hell so I’ve been keeping a pretty low profile. Lots of liquids and lots of sleep makes Chynakatt’s blog boring.

I’ve been watching our tape of Mists of Avalon, which aired recently on TNT. Julianna Margulies is excellent as Morgaine, the priestess who rejects her mentor Vivian’s (played superbly by Anjelica Huston) teachings after a cruel trick changes her and her brother Arthur’s lives forever. I’m not really loving the actor playing Lancelot, but Arthur is well portrayed as a man torn between honor and love. The script is quite true to the original story, written by Marion Zimmer Bradley and tells the tale of Camelot through the eyes of the women who wielded the power of the pagan goddess against the Christian priests. An excellent twist to the Camelot legends! It’s on again tonight and I highly recommend viewing.

I understand the Farscape conflict, but remember that Farscape is played twice tonight at 9pm & midnight. I should probably go out once in a while on a Friday night, but I’m usually so damn tired that I sit my ass on the couch and vegg out. I find that my Saturday’s are more productive and fun if I’ve rested up the night before. I know it’s lame and I know I’m old and I DO in fact care! DID ANYONE TAPE THE FARSCAPE SHOWN LAST SATURDAY NIGHT? I didn’t know it was on and am dying for a viewing. Hey, tonight they land on a pleasure planet – RIGHT ON!

Some crap for you:

What is your a>cat doing while you are at work?

Dumb laws still on the books in Mass. I guess Blixx and his goatee are screwed! I know you’ve seen sites like this before, but c’mon, it’s funny stuff!

Koya asked me to post this link.

In world news...
Alcoholic cockroaches invade Russian bars!
MOSCOW-- The Russian liquor business is facing an ugly problem: Drunk and rowdy cockroaches! Entomologists here say the insects are becoming addicted to vodka and overrunning bars and liquor outlets. "Just like human drunks, they'll take great risks to get their alcohol," said Dr. Alexander Shankos. "Shortly after the bars open and the smell of vodka is in the air, hundreds of thousands of them will often converge on a place, crawling over stools, tables - and even clambering over the customers themselves for the drops of spilled liquor on the bar."

With the weekend coming up, this site might prove useful. Excellent variety of cocktail ideas and recipes.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 7-20-69 Neil Armstrong stepped from the lunar module Eagle to become the first man to walk upon the moon. He said "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Of course, that’s if you believe that tinfoil-covered model they showed on TV was the real thing!

This weekend we’re going kayaking someplace new and different, catching a movie and doing some shopping. The Reebok outlets have a buy one get another 50% off sale so I’m going to pick myself up some really expensive sneakers with little to no guilt.

Ahh yes, I’m dying my hair back to unnatural red. I can’t wait! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up looking like a reject from Clown College.

Into the future…

No comments: