Monday, July 30, 2001

START READING HERE

This is from yesterday, but for some reason I couldn’t get it to post.

I got my car back from the mechanic – and the air conditioner wasn’t working – AT ALL! This is after they called to tell me there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. Bastids! So, we brought it back Saturday morning (before coffee) and they fixed it right up. Apparently I wasn’t the only one to complain, because the mechanic was let go that same day. Nice.

We spend Saturday over at DaveGrips house helping him build a clothesline for his wife and fixing the gaping hole in the ceiling & kitchen wall, where the plumbing was replaced. Actually, Blixx helped with the project. I mainly was there to stand on boards while DaveGrips cut them, and to play with his wonderful daughter V. She’s almost 2 and the cutest! We ended the evening by watching Terminator 2 – Director’s Cut on DVD. There was some additional footage that really never should have been cut for theatrical release – totally made the movie. I highly recommend viewing this new release.

Sunday Blixx went kayaking with his mom, for her birthday. I guess she really enjoyed herself. I didn’t have too much time to chat with Blixx last night because I didn’t get home until after midnight, and he’d been playing drunken Playstation for hours with DaveGrips so he was well-done by the time I got home. I was beat too.

If you don’t have a lot of time, then this isn’t the blog for you. I’m feeling verbose today so bear with me.

I went to Connecticut, and here’s the story:

First, I left a little early so I had time to stop in Westbrook and hit the Old Navy Outlet Store. I got 6 tops for $23! I got some logo t-shirts to grub around in, as well as some basic tops for work. I just love a bargain. I could wander that outlet mall for days, and one day I will. I also picked up some carrot cake to bring to Nanny, as she appreciates it when you smuggle in sweats. No wonder she hasn’t lost any weight, but claims to eat little of the food that they provide. I've seen the stuff - it does look nasty. Definately mystery meat.

Ahh, Nanny. I haven’t seen her since Christmas time and she’s still very much the same. Bitter, cruel and angry. We had a nice little visit where we talked about ‘the help’ at the home, and of course the Shandra Leavy case. She just loves a good scandal and has glued herself to CNN waiting for the next world disaster to talk about. It’s never the good news that she harps on – the worse the story, the better for her. I don’t think she liked my conspiracy theory about the Leavy case one bit, but I’m entitled to my own opinion. Actually, no I’m not. She harped on my hair being colored – then asked me what color it was…I told her my hair looked beautiful, and if her eyes were failing her, then she’d just have to believe me. That shut her up for a minute. It was good to see her and I’m not worried about her dying soon, because she’s got far too much bitching and complaining to do for death to suit her. She mentioned (while talking about her imminent demise) that I’m slated to get her diamond earrings when she’d gone – each one is a carat! She figured that Cuzzy has enough diamonds and that I deserve them. Um, ok!

No comments: