Friday, June 08, 2001

There was no fighting at my house last night. We sat at the kitchen table (rather than the living room) and ate Boboli and chatted. Short version: He promised to try to have some more US time and I promised to try to be more understanding of all the changes he is going through right now. It’s a tentative compromise, but I managed to hugely piss him off when I said he was giving 110% energy to work and about 3% to me. He pointed out that he called me every night he was away, despite getting crap from the other boys, and that he’d recently called me on the way to work just to tell me that he loves me. He brought me a flower from his shoot yesterday too. He promises to try to be more understanding of my needs and to make more time for US. I promise to try to be more understanding of the changes he’s going through and to be more verbally supportive to him. The lines of communication are open folks, so we’re back on track. He is still going camping tonight, but he invited me to go with them. Granted, I’m not too interested in sleeping in a bivy bag on the hard ground, but it’s the thought that counts. I can’t leave work early today so they will climb the mountain without me. I’m a little threatened by climbing a mountain with Toad too. He’s in great shape, while I’m really not. After about 20 feet I start to feel every cigarette I’ve ever smoked come riding up and it’s a slow climb. Blixx will wait for me, but I’d be embarrassed for Toad to see me horking up a lung and sweating up a storm before he’d even broken a sweat.
He’s promised to be home for dinner on Saturday, and I think we might try to catch a movie or something fun. OOOOOh, even better! We can rent a movie and cuddle on the couch. That I like!
After our lovely meal last night, Blixx logged on to this site and started to read my blogs. My candor shocked him. He has asked me to give less detail of our little tiffs to the free world (hello 5 people reading this!). He doesn’t like me going in to such personal detail in a public forum. While I admit that I feel a bit censored, I will comply with his request. Less detail, but you’ll still be sure to hear if I’m mad or sad or happy or crabby or crampy… You get the idea. I was going to go back and edit past blogs, but I figure that it’s already been put out there. No do overs!
Work is still boring, but I’m biding my time until the fall. I’m still trying to plan vacation time this year. We got a hot air balloon ride coupon for Christmas from Blixx’s mom that I want to use. We were thinking of going to Vegas and checking out the canyon. We were also thinking of taking another cruise around our anniversary in December. There are decisions to make here, and vacation time is being booked fast. I’d hoped to go rafting in early July, but I don’t think my department has enough coverage. Oh well, you snooze you loose.
To amuse yourselves, check out some links:

Am I Stoned?


Smurf’s After Dark


Customer Service with a dark side



Weekend plans: tonight DaveGrips and I will go over to check out the Milford Athletic Club and the girl Bubbles that Blixx hung out with. This should be interesting. Tomorrow I may go do a little kayak adventure. I may go get my nails done then sit on my ass in the sun. I may find a beach to do the ass in the sun thing. I may go to DaveGrips pool and play with his beautiful daughter. I may color my hair and watch bad tv all day, despite the beautiful weather forcast. Dinner of Chinese food (hopefully – gotta have the MSG man!) then a movie for Blixx & I. On Sunday we’re going to RI to hang with friends.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that I hear all about it real soon.

Into the future…

No comments: