Wednesday, June 20, 2001

Well, coming back to work has taken a lot out of me. This whole full-time gig is wearing me down. Perhaps it has something to do with me coming home to a relaxed husband who's napped and watched movies all day. I'm not blaming him! I've certainly done my share of loafing in my time, it's just a little frustrating to be on the working end of it, that's all.

I'm still into the 3rd Anne Bishop book and I can't put it down. I read a bunch at lunch, and I'm just staring at the cover right now, wishing there was a way that I could make reading a paperback look like work. Not gunna happen. I'm pretty sure that I'll go into withdrawals when I'm done with the series, but I think Tempest gave me another of her books. I just hope it's 1/2 as good. I've got Blixx started on them too. He's actually reading at the Laundromat right now. He gave in and decided to go on his own. Damn, I love a man who recognizes the need for clean underwear.

I've got a 'Carnival" after work tonight. They will try to make it fun, and we'll play games and win prizes. I hear that they are giving away free days off, so that's what I'm shooting for. There's a dart (pronounced Daaaaahht here in MA) game that I should be able to kick some ass with. In reality, I'd be psyched if I didn't even have to go to this thing. Yes, there will be some beers (pronounced Beeeeeyyas) but I'm just so damn tired. Another problem with Blixx's free schedule is that he can be up until all hours. I've been feeling really run down lately and I don't want to risk getting sick. I've got this dream that I'll be home by 9 tonight so I can get right into my PJ's and head up to bed. I'm sure that Blixx will have to pry the book out of my hands, but I want lights out no later than 11. I hit snooze a record 10 times this morning. The alarm went off at 6:50 - I didn't get out of bed until 7:45. That leaves me just about 1/2 hour to get ready. Thank god I let my bangs grow out - now I just have to pull my wet hair back in a barrette and head on out. I was so rushed this AM that I'm surprised I'm wearing a matching outfit - odds were against me too, as our mountain of laundry continues to grow.

Not a lot to talk about today. I’m just hanging on until I can get home and get to bed. I’m weary and I need to refresh. I received an e-mail of 200 funny bumper stickers, with a promise that I’d laugh my ass off. Well, the ass is still here, but there were a few that made me chuckle. Perhaps I’ll be more original tomorrow.

BUMPERSTICKER WISDOM

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them with Bullets.
Don't Be Sexist - Bitches Hate That
Boldly Going Nowhere
Necrophilia: That Uncontrollable Urge To Crack Open A Cold One.
If You Can Read This, Please Flip Me Back Over...[Seen Upside Down On A Jeep]
Where Are We Going And Why Am I In This Handbasket?
I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
If You Don't Believe In Oral Sex, Keep Your Mouth Shut.

Into the future......

No comments: