Friday, June 15, 2001

Yesterday's answer: a windmill

No comments on the riddle of the day. I can't come up with anything to hold you over on the weekend. Sorry about that.

Yesterday was a tough day at work. The printers were all screwed up, so the sales letters were screwed up, so the sales people were screwed up! We got a delivery that was supposed to go to our warehouse, so there's 5 pallets of crap in the hallway. Approximately 5 seconds after the order was dropped off, our Fanatical Leader came over to me asking me what I was going to do to get the 'crap' out of the hallway. UG! Then we ran out of labels for the sales kits - I hadn't reordered because the new design was coming in today. I heard yesterday at 5pm that they won't be here until July. That's right about the time the printer spit out the last of the old style and asked for more. Crapass! There was a lot of running around and whatnot, but today is different. Since yesterday ws such a crappy one, today can't possibly be worse.

Blixx and I went to Toads for some BBQ last night. Blixx grilled up some fine pork ribs - served with pasta salad and garlic bread. Very tasty. We played darts and hung out in the SPAC clubhouse (Toad's basement) since it was cooler. Wow, it's been hot and humid lately. Toad doesn't believe in air conditioners so we made due. It was nice to come back home to a wind tunnel of air conditioned splendor. It was late, but I sat down with the rest of that book, telling myself that I'm going to read just one or two pages. Yeah right. 1:30 am I finished the first book, and actually looked around for the second one to start. The clock caught me and up to bed I went. I didn't sleep too well, however. I think the day filled with stres just got to me or something, but I was up tossing and turning all night. I'm so flipping tired right now, I'm thinking of reserving a conference room for the rest of lunch hour and taking a nap.

We're going to see Tomb Raider this weekend so look forward to the review on Monday. We're also seeing Dave Matthew's Band and Macy Gray on Sunday. Ooooh, you might have to wait until Tuesday to hear about the weekend. I'm planning on being very sick on Monday so I can go with Blixx and Toad on a roadtrip to visit Tadpole in CT. Too bad Tempest has a job now, or I'd stop in for a visit. We'll be all strung out from the show on Monday and I've got 8 sick days left, so I figured what the hell. The downside is that I'll be missing the 21st birthday of Youngster that should be a hoot. She's stupidly having everyone (including the several guys from work she's slept with) go across the street ot a local bar. Not a problem, except that her current boyfriend will be there. He's the jealous type and I'm not thinking the sexual tension will be lost on him. Then there's the fact that Youngster has been to this bar several times while NOT of age and been served. She'll have folks yelling happy 21st at her - I'm thikning that this party will be more fun if I just hear about it, rather than attending.

I'm off to grab some chow somewhere in the building and hand out with a good book for a bit. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll chat at you all soon.

Into the future...

No comments: