Thursday, June 07, 2001

Am I too demanding of a wife?
He was working in CT from last Saturday, but he’d worked the Friday before that so he was super tired and we didn’t get to spend any time together or have any fun. I drove 3 hours to CT so we could have (WOW) sex, then the 3 hours back. Gone for days. He returned home on Tuesday night, but he was stupid tired. Stupid tired and talking about the hot actress from the shoot who I will call Bubbles. Now, I know he didn’t cheat. I know that he didn’t do anything wrong. I also know that this chick was flirting up a storm with him. Blixx claims interest because she might be up for group activities, but I’m sure it just felt real good to have a cute girl show an interest in him. More on this later.
Last night I had an appointment at the chiropractor (more on that later) that lasted until 9pm. He’s supposed to call me to let me know what he’s up to. No call. No answer when I call him. I go home and follow the trail of clothes upstairs to find him passed out across the bed. I attempt to wake him with a big wet kiss but I get nothing. I head downstairs to watch some stupid TV (and stew) then up to bed around midnight. He wakes up when I shove him over, and after a foggy start, he wants to cuddle and talk about my day. I say no, because I’m tired and I want to go to bed. Then he gets upset when I ask him to roll over and give me a kiss, because he’d failed to kiss me even once the day before.
He’s working a ½ day today and the shoot should be over by 4pm, but these things have a way of changing. I’m going to try to serve dinner at the table tonight so maybe we can talk about all of this, but I’m sure plans will change. They always do.
He WAS working an overnight Fri – Sat, but it got cancelled. I’m all psyched thinking we can go catch a movie or maybe hit the hot tubs, but he has decided to go hiking/camping with Toad instead. He’s mad at me for making plans with Bazar for the weekend, but he doesn’t even remember what day I told him I was going down. Dumbass didn’t put together that we’d visit with Bazar and his kids, then hit a flick at the Film Festival, since we’re in the same f***ing state. All I get is the tired cranky SOB who can’t pour himself a glass of water, yet he’s fine to go climb a mountain!!! Ya know that he’ll be super tired when he returns so no fun or loving for me again. Then the work starts up again next week.
Part of me is happy to take care of him and help him out. Shyt, I bought him underwear and socks yesterday – the ultimate gifts of love, especially when you haven’t been to the Laundromat in months. The other part of me wants to slam his head against the wall until he understands how upset and frustrated I am. I’m thinking that wouldn’t be considered ‘supportive’ commentary, so I’d better keep my mouth shut or be accused of having no faith in him. I have faith that he can do his job, but I also have faith that he can’t continue to give 110% at work and leave nothing for me.
Bubbles will be a Corona girl at a local bar Fri night. I’m thinking that even if Blixx goes camping that I’ll check her out with DaveGrips. A girls got to have diversions, right?

Into the future…

No comments: