Monday, June 11, 2001

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Blixx went camping, so I did go out to the bar with DaveGrips and met Bubbles. She’s cute enough, but we didn’t really get to hang out because she was working as a Corona girl. We had a few too many drinks and did some people watching. There were jarheads and sluttly girls in tank tops as far as the eye could see. How those beautiful girls put up with the antics of these foolish boys is beyond me, but it takes all kinds. The moon was absolutely beautiful that night, so I was pretty jealous of Blixx and Toad sleeping under the stars. I enjoyed a soft warm bed however.
I woke up Saturday a little under the weather from drinking, so stayed close to home in the morning. DaveGrips stayed up all night because he has a shoot in NH the following morning. I can’t imagine how he managed it, but I hear that he survived. I guess he’s used to sleep deprivation – having a kid will do that to you. I did end up going to a local park and sunning myself for a bit, as well as walking the track for a mile or two to get the circulation pumping. I’ll never be a super model, but I’d like to loose a little around the middle. I’ve been in the same weight range for years now and I’m thinking it might be time for a change.
Blixx came home at around 7 and we grabbed Chinese food and rented Best in Show. The movie is apparently mostly ad-libbed and was hysterical. It was nice to unplug and have a good laugh with my man.
Sunday we went down to RI to see my friend BazarJ. He and I are survivors from our last job. He’s got a great house that he’s been putting a lot of time into fixing up and looks terrific. E-mail and AOL IM are great tools, but I’m still a fan of IRL visits. I’d been looking forward to meeting his son Dakota for the first time, but that will have to wait until the next visit. He was nice enough to burn me some Dead, Marley and Dire Straights, but I left a couple disks at his house. Shame on me.
After the visit, Blixx and I went to Newport and had a lovely dinner. Well, my shrimp was a bit overdone, but the wine and company were excellent. We ate outside and it was fun to watch the people walk by and make up little stories about them. We managed to catch the last showing of the winning film at the Newport Film Festival. After all of my talk about seeing his name on the big screen, I was a little disappointed to discover that the screen at the Opera House really isn’t all that big. It was only there for a few seconds, but my honey’s name was right there!! DaveGrips too. It helped that the trailer was very well done and funny too. The people’s choice winner was called “How to Kill Your Neighbor’s Dog’ and it was super funny. It’s about a playwright and his wife – she wants a baby and he is against it. He’s writing a play and needs to get inspiration for a child’s role, so he befriends the new neighbor’s daughter. There’s some terrific writing in the movie and it was very well shot etc.
After the movie we went to see the ocean. I know Virgo is an earth sign, but there is something about the ocean that just moves me. The cool breeze and soothing sounds of the surf are such relaxants to me. Since it was so late and the ice cream store was closed, we headed back home. We didn’t get in until around 1am and Blixx needed to be at a shoot at 6:30 am. Yikes, he must be tired. I think it’s a short day today, so I suggest a nice long nap in the sun for this afternoon. I wouldn’t mind a nap myself.
Again, I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.

Into the future…

No comments: