Monday, November 04, 2002

It was a nice weekend. Friday night we stayed close to home, as I was beat! Poor Grips had what we affectionately call a Groovy emergency. When his daughter V was 1 year old, we gave her a beenie baby bear called Groovy. She loves the little guy and drags him everywhere. Well, he turned up missing and nothing would calm her down. About a year ago we'd seen the same bear at the store and picked up a 'replacement Groovy.' Well, he called in a panic at 10pm on Friday begging us to toss the house and find it, because V was going balistic. As luck would have it, we were in fact able to locate it and save the day. Groovy got a makeover is all...he's no longer smelly and nasty but fresh out of the box new. Woo Hoo! She bought it!

I ended up going as a shooting star to that costume party...had a star on my shirt and bought a foam gun...when anyone asked what I was I shot them. It was pretty cool. Grips came over to our place after the party and hung out for a while.

Yesterday Blixx went over to Toad's to watch the game & I stayed home to clean up the house for the party. The weekends are so damn short when you're working full time, so I just had to get some stuff done. Too bad the game was so good that I didn't do squat until half time, but I managed to make some progress none the less. I've left Blixx a big old list of things to do this week to get ready - food is under control (thanks again Boogie Shoes!) and I should have at least most of my laundry out of the guest room so Tempest & Purge will have a place to crash. Jacknife is on the couch, unless we're able to get to the store and get a nice futon couch for the office like I wanted to.

Cleo actually licked and hung out with Rioux over the weekend. Koya still hasn't come around, but it's encouraging that they can all be in the same room now. Progress!

No comments: