Friday, November 01, 2002

On my way home from work last night, Blixx called in a panic. “Bring home more candy!” Yep, our first Halloween as homeowners was a success. Other than the few roving bands of 15-year-old punks, there were some real cuties out there collecting candy. Blixx handed me a drink (it was green, we were in the spirit) when I came home…2 1/2 of these mixed drinks later I’m in my pj’s on the couch unable to move or speak intelligently. Good stuff…but I’m a little queasy today.

There is still far too much feline tension in my house. Cleo seems willing to talk about little Rioux, but Koya is dead set against him living to see another day. Much hissing and swatting going on, and the little guy taunts the bigger cats, then runs away. It’s amazing all the places he’s found to wedge himself…then stick his paw out to continue doing battle. He’s still cute and as far as I know still alive. We left all the doors open last night and there were no major catastrophes. Rioux slept in the bed between us and for a while Cleo even jumped up to her perch on my head, until she heard the kitten purring and had a little mental breakdown before taking off. Ug…4am I really don’t need to hear cats fighting.

We’re going to a costume party this weekend, at least for a little while. I don’t know what kind of scene it will be. I still don’t have a clue as to what I’ll dress up as, but my backup plan is to grab a “Hi, my name is…..” sticker from work and go as God. Or put a cook pot on my head…pothead!! Har Har Har!

Sunday is Pats vs Bills - or Brady vs Bledsoe. There are some serious bets going on around the office. I hope that the Pats rise above their recent SUCK playing and blow the Bill's away. Oh, it's good to dream...

No comments: