Friday, June 06, 2003

Update on the babyfront: After actually siting down with my doctor, it's been decided that I'll be admitted to the hospital (St Vincent's Hospital at Worcester Medical Center) on June 17th around 5pm. They will give me something called cervadil to 'ripen' my cervix - whatever that means. 12 hours later I will be put on an IV and given pitocin which will induce the actual labor. Some time afte rthat I'll decide that a giant needle inserted into my spine is better than the pain of labor and will scream until I get an epidural. We will be proud parents on June 18, 2003. That is, unless Mother Nature decides that earlier is better, but since no one in my family has ever been early for anything, I don't think that will be a problem. Although, I did have a dream that our daughter was born on Friday the 13th so we'll see. My doctor says I can't have the baby earlier since she'll be in Vegas and doesn't want to miss out on the delivery because it's her favorite part of the job. And here I thought that sticking her fingers up my twat once a week was just for HER kicks.

No comments: