Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Caught a life there for a second

Yesterday was a super busy day, by my standards. I drove to meet Tempest (alas Jacknife & BoogieShoes couldn't make it) at the WestFarms Mall in Ct for lunch. We were going to eat at the Rainforest Cafe but little Cass had other ideas. She flipped her lid - total sensory overload. I think the moving gorilla right next to the table pushed her over the brink. So we relocated to the California Pizza kitchen & had a lovely lunch there instead.

We then went on a smelly wiffy binge that took us not only to Yankee Candle, but to Bath & Bodyworks too. Woo Hoo on the clearence sale there. Yeah Haw! My house smells less like ass than it has in a while. :)

It was great to see Tempest & we've decided to meet up for lunch or whatever at least once a month. She looks terrific & I'm terribly jealous over the pictures of the cruise.

After being stuck in traffic in Hartford (what was I thinking leaving at 5pm?!?) I popped by my house briefly to pick up a very tired Blixx, then off we went to Toad's house for dinner. We were supposed to have a slide show of Colorodo pics, but as usual dinner was at a late hour & we ran out of time. Birdgirl & I departed at around 10 to meet up with Grips et al at Ralphs for (more than a) few pops. We closed the place down & when I got home at 2am Blixx was passed out on the couch. He was waiting up for me, the sweetie. I really wish he could sleep without me being around. It would make me less guilty for going out so late with my friends. I met some new folks & talked about things not related to babies & had an all around lovely evening.

Needless to say, when Cass awoke at 630am, I was dead dog tired & really happy that she went back to sleep until 9am. I was bushed.

Today Cass & I went pricing a picnic table & purchased a badmitton/volleyball net, which I can't wait to try out. I also picked up a blow up pool for Cass in the backyard, which should be a hoot. It's got all sorts of areas & a slide. Heck, on a hot day like today I would certainly be in it with her. Unfortunately, we were delayed shopping so I didn't have time to get it up for her today.

It occurs to me that Cass's birthday party is rapidly approaching & I have a great deal to do if I'm going to have all those people over to the house. I'll need the office to be in good shape, since it's the guest room & I'll have guests! Yikes! Paper plates! Burger meat - how many burgers do I need? Where shall I get the cake from? Crap lots to do. Then there's father's day.

No comments: