Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Land of the Drunk

Blixx took a day off to spend with the family, so we went to Garden in the Woods & walked around all the pretty flowers. It was a beautiful day for it, to be sure. They had an exhibit called Big Bugs, where an artist made these HUGE bugs from wood to be displayed. There was a spider & web, dragonfly, ants...all really beautiful. The butterfly was gorgeous. Afterwards we went to one of our favorite eateries, Tennesee's BBQ, then back home to relax. I'd been out of sorts & Blixx has been stressed with working so hard so it was nice to get away together.
I took off to Vincent's & none of the usual suspects were there when I arrived, so I watched the Red Sox win (will wonders ever cease?) then headed outside to hang out. I ended up closing the place down...Vincent himself politely asked us to get the hell out. I ended up out in the parking lot smoking up for a while, then had to chill a few minutes before driving home. Yeah, Drunk Girl was in the house. I blew off some steam & had a great time telling stories & BSing...& didn't get home until almost 3am.
Blixx was outside on the front stoop, waiting for me. I had given him some lovin right before I scampered off to go drinking & led him to believe that I would be home to finish what I started. Well, I was a little tiny bit late & too drunk. He was mad & asking me all kinds of questions & making me really uncomfortable, probably cuz I was shitfaced. Yeah, turns out that when I didn't get home at a reasonable hour, he increased his drinking rate as well so he was good and 'faced too by the time I got there. It was a weird situation & we were both really awkward with each other & went to bed.
This morning I figured I was in for a lecture or something, but he floored me by apologizing for being a dick. As he put it, "You gave me a bj & I gave you shit.' So, we're good. We actually communicated so we're better than good, we're great. I shouldn't have been out so late to worry him, but I really did loose track of time there. He felt like he was being left behind & alone - Yeah, like me all those times that I want to do stuff but can't cuz of the kid. We understand where each of us were coming from. The land of the drunk.

No comments: