Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Unselfish Birthday - Who Knew?

What the hell has happened to me? Blixx said we could do anything I wanted for my birthday. I really wanted to go kayaking (to use the cool new paddle Blixx got me), but the weather was not cooperative. I was thinking mall shop fest (Mom gave me some $$) but then I looked at my little cherubs bright eyes & had an idea. We drove to Boston, we being Blixx cuz I will not drive in that fucked up city, and went to the Boston Children's Museum. It was a blast! Cass had her little baby mind blown & we didn't even get to everything. They have a special $1 admission on Friday nights so it was certainly worth it. I was worried that everything would be too big for her, but she got a real kick out of a lot of it and fell alseep in 2.6 seconds in the car on the way home. The only thing she didn't like was the Blue Man Group instrument section - it was loud & crazy. Blixx & I liked it though! So, I could do anything I wanted & I decided to do something for my kid. Wow, motherhood sure changes a girl. I mean, I'm still far to selfish for my own good, but I guess I'm softening up. Or egads - growing up. Nahhhh. Back home with take out Chinese - Grips came over with a bottle of Korbel and the rest, as they say, is history.

Saturday was V's birthday party so we went to Grip's & hung out. Sunday I gave Grip's & V a ride to her soccer game - boy is it funny to watch 5 yr olds run around chasing a soccer ball! Cass is pretty good too. I let her run around & chase the ball & she kicked it a few times, which amused her to no end. Back to the house after the game & Blixx was out back mowing the lawn & shoveling dirt for the shed. It's coming along nicely. Not as quickly as I would like, but no one can accuse me of being a patient person. My mom got me a new crock pot for my birthday so I made pot roast. It was a little dry, so I guess I need practice.

The Patriots won on Sunday, not that we had any doubt. They have a bi this week, so I'm wondering what we should do on Sunday to celebrate. We have 2 tickets that expire end of September for Six Flaggs - maybe we'll drive out there & walk around, take turns on the rides. Or better - Anyone want to come out & watch my kid so we can go on rollercoasters? Seriously - I'l buy your way into the park! You won't be stuck with her all day even. C'mon.....

Blixx, Grips & Birdgirl are all participating in The Greenway Challenge on Saturday. It's a race from Worcester to Woonsocket RI & back - biking, running and kayaking. Birdgirl's radio stations are the sponsors. It was wacky last year cuz Blixx's biker had a malfunction so his team came in 4th to last, but Blixx had the 7th fastest time on his leg of the kayaking. He's looking for the team to make a better showing of it this year. Anyone who wants to take a drive up to cheer them on is more than welcome - it's a beautiful spot this time of year. The following weekend Blixx is once again racing in the Great Quinsig Canoe & Kayak Race. Again spectators are appreciated.

I'm off to see if I can get some pictures working on this piece of shit computer. Wish me luck.

No comments: