Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Fine Fall Fun

Haven't posted in a bit - been busy. Well, I've been lazy. There, I said it. I don't know if anyone even reads this thing anymore anyway. Besides, I'd much rather bitch to a friend in person than bitch to the Internet gods & hope someone will get back to me. They never do.

With Blixx's work schedule we didn't really have a long weekend. On Saturday we went to Stowe Farm and checked out the petting zoo & went on a horse drawn carriage ride. It was a nice activity to do as a family on a fine fall day. I was pretty clear with Blixx that he had to do something together with us. Cass seemed to have fun, although she preferred the playground to anything else. We got off to a late start so we didn't have a lot of time before she got tired/hungry but at $2 it was a good value. I highly recommend it.

Moving on...I took Cass to a program at the library today called Babytime. It's a short led program of rhymes & movement for babies then a playgroup afterwards. She had fun, but exhibited her first signs of jealousy! She was wandering around, working the room & ignoring me completely. Another baby crawled over to my lap & we started playing...Cass came over & sat on my lap (almost on the other baby) & threw her arms around me crying. She's never been like that before. The crying stopped as soon as the other baby went away.

Sunday the Patriots went for #19 and locked in a NFL record with their win over the Dolphins. Blixx went over to Toads so I stayed home with the little one, who refused to go to sleep during the game. Finally got her to nap during half time, but she likes watching football on tv. Go figure. I made kraut & kielbasa in my new crockpot for dinner. I put some apples in there - oh my goodness it was yummy! Had a bunch of leftover apples so i chopped them & baked them with brown sugar & raisins. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm! Over vanilla ice cream...on pancakes. I'm freezing a bunch.

Anyone know any good crockpot recipes lemme know.

Anyone want to babysit my kid on Saturday night October 30th so I can go to a costume party with my husband? Seriously - anyone? C'mon...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

http://www.crockpot.com/support/recipes.html

Jamie said...

http://www.flylady.com/pages/FFT_SlowCook1.asp