Monday, December 29, 2003

Movie Reviews

League of Extrordinary Gentlemen - the only thing extrordinary is that Sean Connery read the script and still wanted to be in this stinker. It should have been so cool, and yet we never once gave a crap about any of the characters. Plot holes abound, with cruddy CG too. I really wanted this movie to be great.

Tomb Raider 2 - Ok, I admit that I was probably the only person in the world who actually liked the first movie. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but I enjoyed it none the less. This second one was a crap fest. Once again, you really didn't care one bit about what was going on. I missed a whole bit in the middle because Cass was crying...and didn't bother to pause. Didn't miss anything. She punches a shark, then rides him to the surface. Oh yeah baby, it could happen!

Pirates of the Carribean - a really enjoyable movie! Highly recommended, the good reviews weren't just hype. I laughed, I cried...the bloopers on the dvd were hysterical too.

Charlie's Angels Full Throttle - certainly a crappy movie, but it was so tongue in cheek that it was funny. The motorcycle race scene with them dodging bullets in mid air, while doing 6 other things, was terrific. If Blockbuster is out of every other movie and you have 2 hours to waste away then go for it. You'll laugh, trust me.

No comments: