Tuesday, December 30, 2003

No Sleep for the Wicked

Greetings from the blurred land of WXLO. Yesterday was my 5 year wedding anniversary, and Blixx is wonderful. I'm working at the radio station for a few days, and he and Cass came in to take me out to lunch - and with a HUGE bouquet of pink and purple roses. Cass sat in a high chair for the first time and CHOWED on mashed potatoes and carrots. She's such a hearty eater! When I got home from work, we went out to dinner (gift certificates from the radio station - free food!!) and even starving (Blixx thought I'd given her a bottle, I thought she'd already eaten - oops) she was a wonderful companion. Once she went to bed, we sipped champagne and ate a Tortuga Rum Cake that Blixx had ordered. It was supposed to be a surprize, but the idiots called the house to confirm the order and I happened to pick up the phone. D'Oh! We hung out and...well, we had fun. LOTS of fun. In bed to sleep at around midnight.

1am - Cass wakes up. Blixx cuddles her until she falls back asleep.
2:30am - Cass wakes up. I go in and try to rationalize with her. I leave her in the crib and put her mobile on, which soothes the savage beast.
5:30am - Cass wakes up with a vengance. I try to get Blixx to get her, but he mummbles that she won't go back to sleep with him. I'm pissed that he won't even try, so I go downstairs and grab a bottle (to shove up his ass). He's up with her with the lights on, changing diapers so I leave the bottle in the room and head back to bed, where I sleep fitfully at best.

8:39am - I wake up with one leg out of the covers, my arm draped over toward my alarm clock, and the alarm disabled and the clock teetering off the back of the bedside table. I was supposed to be AT work at 8:30!! I brushed my teeth in the shower while washing my hair and was out the door.
9:02am - arrived at the station, where no one had missed me because it's just not that busy in the early mornings. I somehow made it in and out of the shower and across town in 22 minutes - which is scarey cuz it's a 15 minute drive into the city to get here. Birdgirl returned my paniced call to her cell phone....from DuDo's, wondering how I take my coffee. Gotta love having an in with the boss.

I'm exceptionally tired, and I expect this will go on for some time. Experienced parents have told me that at around 6 months they have learned that if they cry, we'll come running. She probably doesn't need anything, other than being a little bored and lonely, which she's just going to have to live with!!!

I'm going to consult the experts (i.e. websearch) to figure out what we can do, but I'm thinking it's just to let her cry herself out. Arg....I wish we had a bigger house where she wasn't quite so close to us.

TIRED! VERY TIRED!!

No comments: