Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Isn't it Ironic?

So, we're on the way to pick up my new car, driving for the last time in the Cavalier. We're telling stories about the good times and travels we've had in the old girl, when I look at the gas gauge and notice that it's reading totally full. I ask Blixx if he took the car and filled it up for some reason, but he said no. I'd been running around town on a 1/4 tank for some time so it was weird that it was on full, but whatever, right?

We ran out of gas. On the way to the dealership to get the $300 trade in for the POS, she up and crapped out on us. A nice man gave us a push to a gas station, which was closed. So, we called Teacher & GeriDog to come with a gas can, but in the meantime we were able to find the gas station dude and beg him to turn the pumps back on.

After quite the adventure, we made it and picked up my BRAND NEW HYUNDAI SANTA FE. It’s got a moonroof and all the power options that I need and it’s comfy and I think I’m in love.

No comments: