Monday, July 26, 2004

Weekend Recap

So, the Celtic music festival ended up being lame. Man, am I glad I didn't have to pay to get in.  We walked around a lot, which was good for my fat ass. I gave away the other 3 tix I had at the gate, making a family really really happy. I bumped into them again later & the dad dude bought me icecream as thanks.  So much for the excersize.  Cass really enjoyed the sheep herding demo and got to pet the dogs when they were done, which made her day.  She did not like the sheep however, but is a fan of ponys. I would have done the pony ride, but they wouldn't let me in the ring with her and I didn't want to push her, after a long day.  The music was for the most part disapointing.  I really wanted to groove.

Yesterday was Grips party and there were jello shots. I had to take it easy cuz I had Cass to worry about. Blixx got there late, but he made it and even met some of the folks I drink with on Tuesdays at Vincent's.  I got to see little Quint, who really isn't that little. He's only 7 weeks old and already over 12 lbs. Meaty little arms & legs, but so super cute.  Flyboy was cute with him too.  I guess the brothers are really big softies at heart.

Today we are heading to Target to grab some crap I probably don't need, and the laundry detergent that I do in fact need.  Then it's off for a picnic at the playground.  I think I'll go to Rocketland and walk the track a few times.  I lost 3lbs last week by eating small lunches, mostly lean cuisine, and getting out and walking around the city at lunch.  I'd like to keep it up cuz I still jiggle in the middle.

Since Grips wife is away, I expect he'll be over tonight for dinner.  I'll make burritos. Yummy, and his wife won't have to face his explosive gas. Course, that means Blixx & I will be stinking up the joint, but at least we're in it together.

What does the rest of the week hold in store?  Well, I've got to take my car in for its first oil change and to have them look at some stuff.  My mom hasn't seen the baby in over a week, so she'll be chomping at the bit to get her hands on Cass.  I've got a playdate with Callista & little Josh on Thursday, which we'll follow with the jazz concert at the park.  There's some guitar dude playing for kids at the library tomorrow which I want to try to catch - see if she likes it.  Not sure about the weekend coming up...Blixx is doing paintball on Saturday.  I think his Mom is coming up on Sunday. Yeah.

No comments: