Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Wedding Date

Ok, so I knew it was going to be a crapfest, but I didn't know how bad it was going to be. The local theater offers a Mommy Movie every other Tuesday where they leave the lights up a little bit, offer changing stations & ya pretty much know what you're getting into in regard to the crying & running around. It's a cool thing & I enjoy letting Cassidy run around the theater while I watch a flick.
The Wedding Date with Debra Messing & Dermott Mulroney was such a sucky movie that I almost walked, but Cass was having fun chasing her friend Malia around I decided to stick it out. Besides, how often do I get to sit & watch a movie? Yeah, & eat popcorn for breakfast. Sue me. Ok, so I knew it would be shmaltzy but c'mon! There were glaring plot holes, a decided lack of acting ability & the ending...well, who cares, really. Quite the disapointment.
In other news, after the movie we did a little shopping (got an Old Navy $32 fleece for $6 on clearance!) then headed to the playground, since it's another unnaturally beautiful & temperate day. I had Cass in a little peach jogging suit & her winter boots - other mom's had their kids in full winter snow suits where they could barely move.
"Do you think she's warm enough in just that?" asked one mom, pointing to my daughter who is able to climb the stairs to the slide on her own now.
"Yes, considering it's 50 degrees out. You & I are comfortable in a light jacket - why wouldn't she?" I replied.
"Well, I don't know. Babies can get sick from the cold" She says.
"Babies get sick from other babies germs. Thank you for your concern, but if she's unfomfortable she'll tell me." And I walked away.
Arg, Meddling Moms.
Cass didn't want to leave the muddy playground & put up quite the fight getting into her car seat. As a result of that fight, I'm heading out to my car to give it a good crap reduction therapy. I'm not saying that I'll vacuum or anything, but there's goldfish cracker crumbs EVERYWHERE, what looks to be chicken nugget residue on the backseat & some fries under the 14 pairs of baby shoes & 6 dirty sippy cups out there. Not even I can ignore that size of a mess.

No comments: