Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Camping!!!

We're camping Memorial Day weekend at Tolland State Park in East Otis Ma, out in the Berkshires. I am so totally psyched to camp I am bouncing up & down. It's been way too long since I've been able to put my feet up round the fire and relax.

I was all psyched to bring my new car, but alas the roof rack isn't sturdy enough for the canoe so it seems we'll be all jammed in to the Jeep. Blixx was talking about maybe bringing two cars but I think that's a little overboard. Besides, I don't want to drive out there by myself. Then again, it could be a relaxing ride. Whatever, there are still plenty of things left to be decided.

Blixx has been working pretty much non-stop since returning from Colorodo, which is good for the bank account but stressful for us. He's used to being the big plan man for camping, & I've had to take on a bit of that responsibility. I told him that I'd take care of the food, which is usually definately his and only his job, so I ordered up a while bunch of Omaha Steaks and whatnot. It will all be prepackaged and delicious. I also went out & got us a screen house, which he says is too small but I beg to differ. I've been pulling all of our gear out from the basement and getting it together - we are bringing only what we absolutely need and not one thing more.

Traveling with Cass is going to be interesting. This will be her first camp adventure and I'm curious to see how she'll do. She's been sick this past week and I've got my fingers crossed that she's all better before we leave, or this whole thing could blow up in our faces. She has a cold, with a scratchy throat & a cough that comes deep from her little baby toes. Poor dear cries after she coughs becasue it hurts. I've got her heavily medicated and she's looking better already today, so I think we'll be in the clear. The weather report is looking pretty good too.

I'm off to go make lists and lists of things we need (tent...duh) and maximize my time while Cass sleeps off her illnes. I figure I've got an hour or so before she wakes up from her nap.

No comments: