Friday, May 07, 2004

Late Night Epiphany

I need to open my mouth and make myself heard. I need to keep at it until we're on the same page. I will work to make myself understood, and put in the same effort in trying to understand other's points of view.

I am barely responsible to my own mental state, let alone someone elses. I can't fix anyone but myself. I can just listen and try to understand.

It's not a competition. It's all about teamwork. Everone gets a turn at the good the bad & the ugly. We all work very hard at what we do. We just need to be sure that we have the same goals.

Cass comes first, no matter what so we need to keep our shit together. Period. We need to set a good example and give her everything she needs to be happy and healthy in mind & body. We are in it for the long haul and it's only going to be more difficult. Face it head on and embrace the challenge. It will never be about just me ever again.

I can't just give as I get. I've got to rise to the occasion & give my best to all. I need to give second chances.

I am a strong independant woman, but sometimes I need to feel that I'm being taken care of. I need security to build trust, in myself and in others. I need to be able to stop worrying and relax back, knowing that its ok. I can't be too proud to ask for help when I need it.

I need to get emotional sometimes. I need to let go of the anger and resentment before it eats me alive. I need to feel joy.

We all have our monsters to deal with. No one is perfect. I'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight.

It is ok that people love me. I am worthy.

Family are those who love you without judgement. Those who support you no matter what. They dont have to be blood relatives to be held close to the heart. Accept them for who they are.

No comments: