Monday, December 10, 2001

Bring on the Cabana Boy!

Ug...actually, I think I'm off the booze for a while. I really did some damage while having girl's night down in CT. We dyed jacknife's hair and despite Purge's inability to tell time, it came out very nice. She's not what I would call a blonde, but it's a light red auburn color that looks really nice with her skin color. Damn proud that she isn't bald, considering that I'd had a couple of glasses of wine before we even started, then got into the shots right after I talked to my grandmother, assuring her that I'd arrived safe and sound back in MA. Yeah, it was a lie, but it's easier to lie to her than have her think I'm galavanting with the girls.

Nanny is in a nursing home and is miserable. Her health is for shit, she's loosing her sight and hearing...she's sad that she's wasting away. Oh, and did I mention that she's a vicious sadistic bitch on her good days. So, my mother & I got to visit her just as the nurse is leaving. As we enter the room, we pass a man in a wheelchair and get a whiff of SHIT FECES POOP CRAP KAA KAA. We enter Nanny's room...and the smell worsens to the point that my mother vaults over the bed and opens both windows wide and gasps for air. I'm holding my nose trying real hard not to breath as I kiss my smelly grandmother hello. I want to go out in a blaze of glory, not slowly wasting away in a home. Nanny is a wealthy woman who has always lived on her own (with help of "the girls" for cleaning and "the boys" for yard work) and now she sits in a 12x12 little smelly room watching the alteimers patients wander aimlessly in the halls. It breaks my heart. Of course, for 80K per year, you think the staff could have sprayed some lysol around or something!!!

On the topic of money, I'm steamed. As you read, keep in mind that I'm a born and bread CT girl rich bitch who's used to getting everything I want. So, with Nanny in the home my aunt Troll is the executive of the will. She controls the afore mentioned wealth that Nanny has accumulated by marrying for money...twice. To avoid probate taxes when Nanny finally kicks, every year for the past three years I have received a check for a considerable amount on the first week of January.So does my mother, my fat cousin and Troll herself. I found out that Troll's husband Garcia is also getting his very own check. So, their family is getting twice as much!!!! I call unfair, but apparently since Nanny has referred to him as being "like a son to me" then he deserves his own cut. They have two new nice cars and an addition on their house. I'm sitting on my pile, waiting for the taxes to be done so we can go back to the mortgage company & prove that Blixx is working and qualify for a house. My fat cousin already has her new house. And a new car. I'm wondering if they get a bigger cut of the cash than I do...And now there's talk that because of these tough economic times that Troll is worried about cutting all that cash loose from the accounts and may not send us our checks. (GRRRRRRR....I'm typing loudly now, with anger).

Ok, while we've got a stash of cash that would in fact be fine for what we want, I am SO counting on getting another check so that we can get the Jeep that Blixx wants and have money left over to purchase nice furniture for our house. I mean, it's BECAUSE of these tight times that I'm counting on the money. And I'm in the will now (yes Tempest, I'm still in the will) so it's either wait until she's dead or tell Nanny about all the wonderful things that her generosity has bought for us. Oh, I'm steamed that they've gotten twice as much as anyone else these past three years, and now they aren't sure if the rest of us will get our share. Oh, there will be a family meeting and it won't go well at all if Troll tries to pull any shit. Seriously, I want my damn guilt money. My family has been lacking in truth and true love, so I'll take what I can get. And I WILL get it, damn it!

Deep breath. Deep breath.

I had a very nice weekend, despite some set backs. There's something about eating chocolate all drunk & fast forwarding through parts of a movie that have too much plot to get to the beefcake. Good times.

Peace.

No comments: