Friday, December 21, 2001

Ok...haven't had a lot of blog time lately, so I just got caught up.

Logi - OMG!!! I want that dog. He looks wonderful. My friend Grips had a husky/shepard mix Jack who was absolutely wonderful. Go for it!!!

Disney - I'm so glad that the job search is at an end, but I know that you will be missed. Skye posed the question wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost to move to Texas. Check out Monster Moving. Shameless pandering to my employer, but Hell, maybe it will work for you. Probably the most valuable resource would be the USMail notifications. Best of luck to you both.

Tempest - I'm waiting for your review of LOTR. Ghost didn't like it, but I'm not sure that Ghost and I share the same likes/dislikes when it comes to movies so I'm looking for a second opinion.

Ally - thank you for the beautiful holiday message. You are right - Christmas is all about Love. Sending some your way.


I've got just a few short hours until I'm released for vacation. Yesterday was a totally miserable day, but today is looking to be promising - perhaps thats the mimosas talking. Yes, they brought in a HUGE lunch for everyone, including Mimosas. I volunteered to bartend and had myself a merry little time. I've got quite the buzz right now and that's a very very good thing. There's a case of Korbel left over & I've got it tucked out of the way right now...perhaps a bottle or two will find their way home with me tonight. Damn, but I do love champagne.

Christmas Plans: Tonight we're going to dinner then to see LOTR. Tomorrow is the big game for 2st place in the division between Miami & the Pats, so we'll be somewhere drinking & screaming loudly at the tv. Sunday I go back to CT to see Mom & her Dick to celebrate Christmas. I'm hoping that Tempest & Purge will have returned from Jersey so I can see them, but whatever. If we get out of there early enough, maybe I'll give Boogie Shoes & RedSox a call...not sure of the time line right now. We'll play that by ear. Monday we drive to East Boston to see Blixx's sister Rocks & her 4 kids. Yep...that's 4 kids. We spoiled them rotten this year with gifts, but we don't get to see them a lot & they dont' get many holidays. Blixx just wants to play matchbox cars & the kids offer the perfect excuse. Actual Christmas will be spent with Grips and his family eating pork roast & getting drunk & playing Play Do...perhaps I should do that BEFORE I get drunk. We'll see - no promises.

Then I've got vacation, baby! I won't be blogging regularly, because I have no patience for the slower than dirt dial up connection at my house. Perhaps you'll hear from me, perhaps you won't.

Hold up your glass of champagne because I'd like to propose a toast: Here's to a New Year filled with joy, happiness, true love & peace. Not that shmaltzy peace on earth crap that you hear about. I'm talking about inner peace...whatever it is that gets you to that place where you're all warm & fuzzy inside & that feeling that all is right in the world.

I just did a shot of tequilla with my boss - he told me to do it, I swear. Probablyy shoudl go now.

Merry & Happy & all that stuff.
Peace out all!

No comments: