Monday, December 17, 2001

We spent the day on Saturday combing the greater Worcester area shopping for the holidays. We've got the nieces & nephews all set (and then dome, the spoiled little brats! and almost everyone else done. Our house is a disaster with gifts everywhere. Rather than have Blixx dig through our storage space, affectionately referred to as the Back Hall of Doom) we bought a $5 fiberoptic 10" tree from Target. It's tacky and hysterical and we love it.

Sunday Blixx went over to Toad's house to watch the Pats just barely scrape up a victory over the Bills. It was apparently an ugly game. I journeyed to CT to buy Jacknife a tattoo. I should have known that things wouldn't go smoothly...it is after all, US we're dealing with here. She'd seen the wolf tattoo in one of their magazines, but the shop is remodelling and moved the mags elsewhere. We searched around for a while and she settled on one pic, but wanted changes made to it that the artists couldn't do. So, she was SOL. While I understand that they are remodelling the shop, I have to express my disappointment that there wasn't more examples of custom art on the walls to show. One artist had a portfolio out, but that's it. A woman came in asking for some work to be done and they turned her away, saying that none of them that were there specialized in detail work. Um...I'm thinking that any tattoo is detail work, but maybe that's just me. While I certainly have the tattoo bug again, I don't think I'll get mine done there. With them being legal in Mass now, I've got shops all over the place up here. I've just got to do some research first.

Rather than get the tattoo, we ended up at Mohegan Sun for the buffet lunch. We walked around and I made a $1 investment into the slot machines, but lost the whole fortune so I decided to call it a day. Blixx was shocked that I didn't do more damage, as I'd been carrying $200 in cash because of the tattoo. Nope, I', holding on to my dough, thanks. Crap...I've got to redeposit that before I end up doing something crazy.

URGENT REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE
What are each of you getting your mother's for Christmas? I'm looking for ideas here. My family makes up for what it lacks in honest emotions by buying expensive and excessive amounts of gifts. Every year I get my mother & her dick a few items, but I'm totally eclipsed by the sheer volume of gifts that they purchase for us. I'd like to have a better gift ratio this year, but I'm stumped. So far, I've gotten her a cool but inexpensive pair of earlings and a sweater jacket. Yes Tempest, just like the ones we saw in the mall that I admired until you asked if I was turning into my mother. I'm doing the olive oil in nice bottles too. So, that's 3 gifts. She's already bought us a new silverwear set (regular price $630/sale price$187 after I had coupons & used my AAA discount). It's a nice set, but we really didn't need it. I only let her buy it because it was such a good price in that moment of time I just figured F It. She wants to buy dishes for our house, but we never have anyone over because we've got a small ass apartment that's filled to the max with crap that we don't need. Our idea of entertaining involves the pizza man delivering. Yeah, we're a class act. I'm off on another rant...OK...I need cute gift ideas in any price range for anything. HELP! E-mail me HERE.

Peace.

No comments: