Wednesday, July 10, 2002

My boss just asked for my candid opinion in regard to our data entry duties now. I told him that we're not trained properly for this and that we all find it frustrating that we've been demoted and given this new job (essentially) without regard for our feelings or aptitude. Let me quote: "It's what you have to do. Get over it." Yeah, he's a real motivator that guy. Motivating us right out the door. I'm stuck more than ever until we close on the house, and even then I've got to have something else lined up - I have been forwarding my resume to a select few employers with hopes that they will bite. Bounce has called her old temp agency and if she can get work in the next 2 weeks she's gone - the kind of gone that involves flipping off the boss and storming out in a huge dramatic scene. Quietboy actually enjoys the mindless data entry and wants to transfer to that department permenently. Right now we've got 4 teenagers in to stuff envelopes and they are kicking butt...when the aren't wandering the halls or playing pool. I want an extra $5/hour for babysitting!
Must get back to work - we're being watched now to ensure that the majority of our time is spent dicking around in the database.

Mantra:
I have a job. I'm lucky. I want to keep this shit ass job so that my goal of homeownership can become a reality. A few more days/weeks/months won't kill me. Everything in fine. Don't take the stress of work home. You weren't demoted, you're just overpaid for what you're doing right now. ring what little joy can be had out of the job. Everything is fine. Don't storm out in a blaze of glory - just fantasize about it. Under no circumstances can I share my honest opinion with Dino ever again. I am a cog in the wheel...and when I leave they will understand the importance of what it is that I've been doing. I am better than all of them and I deserve respect. Do not act in anger. Do not burn bridges. Take the free Diet Coke and the occasional bag of chips as a perk and like it. Keep my head down, do what they ask and leave for the day free of any anxiety or regrets. I have a job. I get a decent paycheck. I am lucky to have a job and I want to keep it that way. Everything is fine.

No comments: