Monday, July 08, 2002

Vacation was excellent. While I do regret that we didn’t get away, it was wonderful to spend every moment with my loving husband.
We checked out the house on Saturday June 28th. We went and saw a whole bunch of rag tag homes. AND, we were able to get in to the one we have purchased. Actually, the selling realtor never called our realtor back, so we went over there with the intent of just checking it out…but the owner of the property was there and gave us the grand tour. It all worked out, so we went & signed an offer letter.
I honestly don’t remember what we did Saturday night or Sunday, because it was all about the house. Freaking out that we didn’t offer enough money, or we weren’t the first offer…total lunatics.
Monday we were supposed to hear about our offer by noon. Our realtor called at noon thirty to say that we have to extend the offer, as the owner hadn’t had a chance to even look at it yet. No problem. So, we wait until 6pm. When I say wait, I mean we stared at the phone and were unable to leave the house. So, 6 comes and goes..7pm…so I call our realtor. He tells me to calm down (he catches on pretty quick, this guy) and that we’ll hear in the morning.
Sure enough, Tuesday morning the phone rings and it’s our realtor saying that he has the accepted offer in his hands! Woo Hoo!!!!!
We drove by the house and around that side of town during the afternoon, then went to Lowes and virtually spend several thousand dollars in remodeling etc. I picked out a great stained glass lamp for the dining room that wasn’t all that expensive. In any case, it was a really really awesome day.
The rest of the week was spent relaxing, paddling in the canoe, sleeping in and staying up late, drinking and smoking, more paddling…you see the pattern. We went to Grips house to BBQ and float in the pool on July 4th & he called while we were there. It’s nice to have keys to friend’s houses.
We paddled a river during a huge thunderstorm. We ate dinner another night on a beach. All in all it was wonderful and I’m experiencing huge culture shock being back here at work. They took my Finance job away from me some time during my vacation. I actually no longer stuff envelopes either. Now I’m responsible for data entry for this big lead generation plan they have going on. It’s boring and I hate it but I have a job and can pay my bills so it’s all good.
No time to check out blogs today. I'll catch up later in the week. Hope you all had a great July 4th.

No comments: