Wednesday, July 24, 2002

We met the lawyer yesterday at 8am (blach) who took more money from us (where it is all going, I'm still not sure) then went over the documents. It turns out that the seller's lawyer didn't draft the document correctly, which means that our check was for the wrong amount. Did I mention this is all going down at 8am? Grr Arg. AND our closing date has been moved back from July 31st to Aug 8th - apparently the title search is taking forever.

I just typed this whole long paragraph about Blixx cracking up about the house, but I deleted it. The specifics aren't important. I just need to figure out a way to help him help himself get over the fact that we're buying a house. He grew up living in apartments so this is a real first for him. For better or worse, I always had (have, except for Mom's Dick) a place to call home and I'm looking forward to creating a similar space for ourselves and our future family. Yep, I said I want to have a family. It's just that Blixx has the house buying all wrapped up with having babies and dogs and growing up and settling down. Last night as I fell asleep, we were talking and I asked him to break down this huge anxiety he's having into smaller chunks and then to talk about the problems. I hope he was listening. I know he hardly slept last night and that he's strung out from too much coffee, not enough sleep and an exceptional amount of stress. I hope we can work this out.

Tonight, I go to sleep early. That is, after we watch Farscape & SG-1 from Friday, and Witchblade from Monday night. We haven't had a lot of time for TV or movies. I think we're cancelling our Netflix, since we just can't seem to get around to watching movies. We have Mullholand Drive, The Others and Beautiful Mind right now - they've been sitting there for days and it doesn't look like we'll ever get around to watching them all. I think I'll hold off returning them until the weekend. Blixx is working Saturday so I'll have some time to kill.

No comments: