Monday, September 23, 2002

Belated Happy Birthday to Purge & UIM. I hope you both celebrated in style.

Thursday night we went to a friend from work's photography show at the Higgins Armory Museum. They took a dude in a suit of armor then had him pose around Worcester in different spots as part of a whole town celebration. It was pretty neat and I met some cool folks.

Friday night after work Toad, Blixx & I went to see Birdgirl's latest play Dancing at Lughnasa in Sturbridge. Birdgirl is the one in the middle. She was great, but the play was L O N G and not terribly well written. Everyone was supposed to have irish accents...ug! Afterwards, we went out with the cast and had a few pops, then Toad & Birdgirl came over and had a few more pops back at our place. 2am...you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!

Saturday morning we were up early (apply coffee and Excedrin...stir gently) as Blixx entered himself into the 1st Anual Canoe & Kayak Race in Shrewsbury. It was a 2 1/2 mile paddle with tons of folks in the race...and Blixx came in 3rd place! Woo Hoo - no cool trophy, but he did get a plaque. After the race, he had only 1 hour to change and get it together before working all night shooting a Miller Lite commercial in Boston. He had a fun time but I'll let him tell you the details. While he was gone, I took the kayak out and did a little afternoon paddle action in Rutland. I even managed to get some color on my face. It would have been the perfect retreat (I'd brought a book to read while floating) but there were yahoos waterskiing with little regard for the No Wake signs. Oh well, I tried.

Sunday Blixx was totally out of it when he woke up so we just kinda hung out and watched the Pats finally win over the Chiefs in OT. They really played horribly during the 1st quarter but it was nice to see them pull themselves together. The evening was capped off by me cooking a wonderful pork loin with sweet potato and fresh greenbeens, then some quality time chatting and whatnot with the hubby. Mmmmm quality time. I'm still walking funny due to the quality. ;)

I had lunch with Saner today. He's getting married in 5 days and is starting to sweat about it. He and his fiance are so stinking cute..this Saturday will be a good time, although I found out that we won't know anyone else there. I had thought there would be folks from their old company invited, but I guess we're special. Makes me feel bad for not keeping in better touch with them. We're thinking of giving them a honeymoon survival kit with all sorts of little toys etc. Or we give the more practical cash...we'll see what we have time to pull together.

Work still stinks...and I'd better get back to it. Peace.




No comments: