Friday, September 06, 2002

Let me begin by giving an all out 2 thumbs up to the movie Vanilla Sky. It’s a twisted journey into the psyche of a man who has it all, and has nothing. Really really good. I don’t know why it received so many mixed and bad reviews. By all means this is a worthy rental choice that will make you think and want to know more. Rent it if you enjoyed Fight Club. Another good rental choice in the Wacky genre is Donnie Darko.

It’s a beautiful day out so I decided to take a walk at lunch. Rather than head straight downtown, I hooked a left and meandered through the neighborhoods behind the mill buildings where I work. It felt great to get out and moving. Blixx even called while I was out so we chatted for a bit. I’m still jealous that he’s in Maine, but he’s missing me so I guess that will have to suffice. Absence making the heart grow fonder – bring it on! Anyway, I don’t know why I did it since I might have actually burned a calorie or lost a pound by getting off my ass, but as I type I’m eating the Chinese food I picked up on the way. Counter productive? Maybe - but definitely delicious.

Weekend plans, let me see. Tonight I’m heading straight home to hang curtains. I told myself I was going to do it last night, but then decided that watching the Giants suck was a worthy cause so I said F it. Post curtains, it’s looking like a decent Drunk, with the assistance of Grips. He’s going to move some furniture for me. I’m pretty sure he thought I was kidding about that. Silly man. Tomorrow I’m spending the day working on the house. There’s bills to pay. There’s plenty that still needs to be unpacked or hiked down to the basement so we can forget all about it for years. Once the dresser is upstairs I can continue my quest to find room in the guest room for a bed. Sunday there’s the Pet Rockconcert, where Sophie B Hawkins (Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover) is headlining. It’s a benefit for animal rescue leagues and the like, so I’m not sure that I should go since there will be plenty of adoptable pets there. There’s also some good football on Sunday so maybe I’ll just stay in close to the air conditioner and relax a bit. Overall, there’s plenty that I could and should get done but I want to take some ME time to relax and get my head together. What a long strange trip it’s been.

Blixx returns home on Monday evening from Maine so we’ve scheduled a Lobster fest at Toads to watch the Patriots on Monday Night Football. It will be so good to have him back home. I hope I’m not delusional in thinking that everything will be peachy keen wonderful when he returns. It’s good to have hope.

I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Peace.

No comments: